Wanted/Trade: Whelen Series 97 Clear Lens Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfinkler

Jan 26, 2015
Lakewood, CO
Hi there eLightBar folk!  Full discosure right up front, I am relatively new to this field so please bear with me as my knowledge is introductory at best.  

I recently purchased a used van/ambulance, a 1993 Chevrolet G30 4x4 Wheeled Coach, that has been owned by my local volunteer fire department since new.  It's in great condition and only has 28k miles on it!  The guys at the F/D are all friends and they sold me the van for a very favorable price.  My intention is to make it look a little less like an emergency vehicle and use it as a combination work van and very simple weekend camper.  One of the things I'd like to do to this end is replace the red Whelen Series 97 lens covers on the topper with clear ones.  Once I've done this I'll remove the alternating flasher and just use the lights for extra alley/setup lighting.

So, I am looking for eight clear Series 97 lens covers.  I will also have eight red Series 97 lens covers that I could trade towards the clear covers, or I could purchase the clear ones outright and worry about finding a new home for the red ones at a later date.  If there's anyone out there with some extra clear ones, please drop me a note!

Also, a question.  I see people advertising Series 97/9000 lens covers.  Are the lens covers for the Series 97 and the Series 9000 compatible?

Thanks in advance for any info or pointers to these you can share!

--Josh Finkler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Stoic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.