Wanted Wanted: UHF Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFD516

May 27, 2010
Scott, Louisiana
Wanted: UHF Radios

With all the 700 MHZ radio upgrades and equipment upgrades, Does anyone have any surplus UHF radios they would like to get rid of or donate? Looking for portables and mobile radios.

Thanks Please let me know if anyone has anything or any connections.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
Right now, there is a brisk market for used analog UHF and VHF narrowband compliant radios, both mobiles and portables. You are right that there is a lot of used gear coming available because many agencies moved to 700/800 or one of the VHF or UHF digital technologies. But, just as many agencies have simply replaced non-compliant analog gear with compliant analog gear so there is a scramble to scoop up this used gear, especially by folks that own their own radios to match what their departments have done.

I suspect you may see prices for used compliant stuff remain up a bit for quite a while to come. Right now I am on the lookout for Motorola CDM750's or CM200's in VHF, both 40 watt and 25 watt models. Used ones are selling for right around $150 each WITHOUT mic, mounting bracket, or power cable. If the accessories are present, most of them are selling for $175 to $190 depending on age and condition.

Eventually the market will settle down, but it's going to be a roller coaster ride for the present. Good luck with your search. If I see any UHF stuff at bargain prices, I'll keep you in mind. Any particular brand or models you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.