Wanting Input on Vertex Install Ideas

scubapd17

Dec 1, 2011
South Louisiana
I was able to salvage the vertexes I posted about. I am looking for some ideas for unique install locations.

Does anyone have ideas or pics? I was thinking of removing the bulb from the Fog Lights on 2010 Expedition SSV or through the front grill.

Want to make sure I put them somewhere to maximize light output.

Thanks Stay Safe :bonk:

scubapd17

Dec 1, 2011
South Louisiana
downsouthtattoos said:
i have had awesome results putting them in the fog lights.

How did you mount them. I checked the factory bulb opening, but the Vertex is too big. I thought about making it larger, but am afraid it won't reflect enough.

Any pics or thoughts?

Mar 14, 2012
South Georgia
i have installed them in the factory openings as well as making my own hole. if making your own put them on the bottom as close to the center as you can. sorry i dont have any pics right now. i will say useing the factory holehas had better results more or less turning the fog light into a par36.

spc2315

Mar 27, 2011
Connecticut
Make your own hole right next to the factory hole for the fog lights. Did this with my friends tahoe with amazing results....it gives off the best reflection and brightness that way becuase it is in the center of the light and reflects off all the lamp housing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gasman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.