We are hiring again, IFD EMT/Paramedic

microman

May 20, 2010
KC Metro
Last I heard we were looking to hire around six, but may be more once the retirements hit. The MO FF1 & FF2 may be able to be waived with other state cert for FF1 & FF2. They may be able to get you reciprocity. If you are not a medic yet, the city will pay for all of your paramedic training. If you are on shift during one of your classes or clinicals, you will be paid regular pay while you attend class. I think most of the paramedic class ambulance clinicals are done with KCFD (MAST). Here is the info:

Firefighter/Paramedic/EMT

Apply Before: 7/30/2010

Job Number: 2010033

Salary: $2,796 - $4,379 per month (effective 7/1/10)

NOTE: To complete the application process, applicants must complete the requirements outlined in the Firefighter Information Packet available by clicking the link below or in the Human Resources Department, 111 E. Maple, Independence MO.

Position summary: Performs duties, in both emergency and non-emergency situations, related to fire protection, emergency medical services, rescue services, hazardous materials response, and emergency management delivery. May be assigned to various support divisions and specialized teams within the Fire Department. Must be able to successfully complete NIMS 700, 200 and 100 training.

Minimum Qualifications:

High school diploma or equivalent

MO Firefighter I & II Certification.

A.S. in Fire Science preferred MO/EMT/Defibrillator license (applicants with a Paramedic will be given preference)

CPAT (Candidate Physical Abilities Test) certification within the last 12 months

Hazardous Materials Operations Level Certification

Body fat composition certification issued within past 30 days (requirement: 20% male, 25% female)

Pass the Regional FF written exam (test scores will be considered during the selection process)

Position Requires:

MO Paramedic License OR MO EMT/Defibrillator license accepted but required to complete the City sponsored Paramedic Program in order to continue employment and gain regular status with the City

MO Firefighter I & II Certification

Valid State Driver’s License

Background investigation

Medical examination and drug test

Psychological testing

Physical Demands: Ability to lift heavy objects or persons in the course of rescue; ability to climb ladders, haul hose while wearing required protective clothing/gear; operate extrication equipment. Typical Working Conditions: Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions consisting of extreme heat and cold. Applicant must be able to function under extremely difficult circumstances.

EXAM/TEST:

Written Test: Metropolitan Community College at Blue River Campus: Call 816-220-6725 to pay fee and schedule the test. Blue River Community College is located at 20301 East 78 Highway, Independence MO.

Accepting on-line applications at http://www.indepmo.org/hr through July 30, 2010 or at the City of Independence, Human Resources Dept., 2nd Floor, City Hall, 111 East Maple, Independence, MO. For more information call 816-325-7390.

EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – BILINGUAL SKILLS PREFERRED

Information packet:

http://www.ci.independence.mo.us/userdocs/hr/JobsManagerAttachments/FireFighter_Information_Packet_2010.pdf

Apply Here:

http://www.ci.independence.mo.us/hr/JobApp.aspx?pid=2010033

pondfly

May 21, 2010
IL
Wouldn't mind a change of scenery, but I'm more than likely to old, I know too disabled and I don't do CPAT at my age :lol:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.