Wecan help

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Hi, Im am trying to configure a whelen liberty with the gen2 18 pin connector. Just had a question. Can you run power to more than one pin at a time? For example, could you have pin 1 do the corners, and pin 2 do the inner modules, and turn them on at the same time? The reason I ask this is because we do not have a fancy box, just a simple pcc6w. Thanks for the help guys.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
So they dont over-ride eachother unless the same module is selected? Id want to set it up to do like switch 1 front switch 2 rear. I know while setting it up you can only select one pin at a time. And if i wanted to have a different pattern with the whole bar i could put it as a high priority and over ride the already flashing light heads. Im sorry if this is coming across as confusing.

When a pin is selected, will override and switch to the one of higher priority, turning off the other, or will it simply change the heads selected for the pin? For example, if you had the corners on double flash for pin 1, and had the inners on double flash for pin 2, would it allow them to go as pin 1+2 at the same time or just select the one with the highest priority?

rescue567

Dec 11, 2011
Plains Pa.
I understand what you are trying to ask. Yes I do belive that they go on a priority of the pin selected. But if I remember right you can also change the priority setting on them to.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
So it shuts down the lesser pin when the over ride is activated, or can it supplement the ones not flashing. I guess I will have to figure it out by playing with it, its kind of confusing haha.

rescue567

Dec 11, 2011
Plains Pa.
Yes it does shut down the lesser. But like I said I am pretty sure that you can change the settings on them so that won't really be a problem for you.

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
rescue567 said:
I understand what you are trying to ask. Yes I do belive that they go on a priority of the pin selected. But if I remember right you can also change the priority setting on them to.

The lesser priority is not shut down. As long as it has power it will do what that particular input is programmed to do as other inputs are activated. When a higher priority pin is activated that has different programming for a light that is already active it will change to the higher priority programming.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Ok thats exactly what I needed. But it will turn off if you set the flash pattern to OFF right? I think it would but its best to verify. Thanks for the replies everyone, it really helps out.

Andy L.

Jun 16, 2010
Michigan
theroofable said:
Ok thats exactly what I needed. But it will turn off if you set the flash pattern to OFF right? I think it would but its best to verify. Thanks for the replies everyone, it really helps out.

Yes.

rescue567

Dec 11, 2011
Plains Pa.
Andy L. said:
The lesser priority is not shut down. As long as it has power it will do what that particular input is programmed to do as other inputs are activated. When a higher priority pin is activated that has different programming for a light that is already active it will change to the higher priority programming.

That's what I ment to say. Just didn't come out the right way. :eek: Long day !!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.