Weird federal signal smart siren activity

movi3king

Jun 29, 2012
New York
Hey guys so I have a ss2000 and I tried connecting one of my lights to aux E and for some reason when the button is on the light is off and when the button is off the light is on... Anyone have any idea what can be wrong? I tried resetting the system twice but problem still remains.

Thanks for all the help!

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
1)Enter Programming Mode.

A) Power up the system and wait for startup to finish.

B) Unplug control head.

C) Press RESET and continue to hold.

D) Plug control head back in while continuing to hold RESET.

E) Release the RESET key. You are now in Programming mode.

2)Press the second button from the top left. This will take you into Level One of programming.

3) Press the second button from the right on the top row. This is the Default Configuration button.

4) Once that key is lit/on, press the RESET key. In programming, this is the SAVE key.

Enjoy.

movi3king

Jun 29, 2012
New York
SireLite said:
sounds like its set up to gun lock mode. So there is constant current going to the lock and when you press the button. it deactivates the lock. Allowing you to remove the gun.

Aux can be connected to gun lock? If yes how do

I change that?

EMT-BLS said:
1)Enter Programming Mode.
A) Power up the system and wait for startup to finish.

B) Unplug control head.

C) Press RESET and continue to hold.

D) Plug control head back in while continuing to hold RESET.

E) Release the RESET key. You are now in Programming mode.

2)Press the second button from the top left. This will take you into Level One of programming.

3) Press the second button from the right on the top row. This is the Default Configuration button.

4) Once that key is lit/on, press the RESET key. In programming, this is the SAVE key.

Enjoy.

Thank you. I have tried this twice but same issue. Does gun lock fix sound right to you? If yes please feel free to help me change it

brooks

May 27, 2010
Queens New York
make sure you aren't attaching the wire to one of the last 2 ports of "E" they are constant power

if that doesn't help and you reset the siren its possible you have a bad brain, what your describing is a common smart siren issue

movi3king

Jun 29, 2012
New York
brooks said:
make sure you aren't attaching the wire to one of the last 2 ports of "E" they are constant power

if that doesn't help and you reset the siren its possible you have a bad brain, what your describing is a common smart siren issue

Very interesting! I think this may be my issue. I was always wondering why E was different then the others. Just curious what application most people would use the constant power for... Maybe I'll get some good ideas and have to add more lights to my toy. Lol

Knight347

Oct 25, 2012
Murfreesboro TN
Just an FYI the Smart Siren Aux E can be setr to 1 of 3 profiles, push on off, momentary, 8 second timed.......the timed profile is whatbyou use for gun locks and attach wire to E NO which is normally open, if theres still no power out of E it may have been set as an either or switch isolated from 12v+ in this way it can be used as a negative switch or a positive, simply by connecting the ground or positive to the C (common) which is in lay terms an input then the NO be energized. Hope this helps

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Rofocowboy84 said:
The gun lock thing is probably right, but just in case, would a ground-switching light act like this when connected to a positive-switched setup?

A ground switched light would not at all on the SS...Think about how it's set up. The SS is a positive switching system. Meaning, it sends power to a light that has already been grounded when you tell it to. A ground-switching light is always connected to power, it's shut off by interrupting the ground and "breaking" the circuit. So the light in your case would never work...Even when you're sending power to the light from the SS, it's never grounded, and it'll never complete the circuit.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Isn't the E switch a Normally Open or Normally Closed switch? Likely hooked to the wrong on, the normally closed. Move it to the other E terminal.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.