West Side Hatzoloh Volunteer Ambulance Corps

JM6402

May 21, 2010
Long Island, NY
Pedestrian Struck By Volunteer Ambulance: Gothamist

A Black SUV with sirens on was driving at high speeds uptown against a red light. Apparently swerving to avoid a car crossing against him (a small sports car which suffered a fender scrape, and which left the scene before police arrived), the driver of the SUV crashed into two parked cars on the east side of Broadway. A pedestrian was hit and thrown halfway across the sidewalk, bleeding out. He was taken away by ambulances. There was a small smash (presumably the fender scrape), followed by a very loud bang as the black SUV hit the other two cars...You can see the blood on the sidewalk.

An NYPD spokesman told us the offending SUV belonged to Hatzolah— a volunteer EMS service that responds mainly to Jewish communities—and was responding to a call in the area. There was no criminality and apparently no serious injuries, despite the "blood on the sidewalk."

dovy6

May 18, 2011
Brooklyn
lafd55 said:
Found this tonight....
ai619.photobucket.com_albums_tt272_lafd55_carnage_hatzolah_gothamist.jpg

FDNY 10-75 said:
They drive recklessly and cause wrecks all the time. They cause more trouble than they are worth.
Guess cops cause more trouble than they are worth, too

copAccident.jpg

nypd-car-345x230.jpg

nypdweacrash.jpg

Or the FDNY

NY-FDNY-SI-crash.jpg

29435.jpg

102409accident-gnm130722--300x300.jpg

The fact is, if you run with lights and sirens, you either have or will get into an accident. Any time you turn on the lights, you increase your risks of death or serious injury. Even if you drive perfectly, dont speed, dont run through red lights without due regard, the fact that you have your lights and sirens on means you are at risk of getting into an MVA.

It's ridiculous to say that "hatzolah causes more trouble than they are worth". That statement is simply false.

Once again, I am not a member of hatzolah.

Respondcode3

May 23, 2010
Northen Il USA
Guess all those red and white lights, Siren and rumbler didnt work for ya...The amount of damage to all the vehicles invloved sure looks like alot of speed was a factor. It takes alot to move 2 cars and crush the front end of a tahoe like that.

firedude

Apr 6, 2011
NY
Station 3 said:
They would get robbed in the street and killed in a second!

Sad but true.

I'm not sure of the driver training that the hatzolah provides, if any, but they need to re think it... here is another crash:

Last edited by a moderator:

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
firedude said:
Sad but true.

I'm not sure of the driver training that the hatzolah provides, if any, but they need to re think it... here is another crash:

Call me a horrible person, but there's just something amusing about the way the guy at :20 tosses his yarmulke onto his head. Makes it look like it's a ball cap or campaign hat rather than a sacred and all-important head-covering. No offense intended toward members of the Jewish community, I just thought it was strange and wondered if anyone else had noticed.

To go back to the original post though, I have to agree that Tahoe had to have been going hella fast to cause that amount of damage.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Station 3 said:
BULLSHIT! i never seen any of those guys in Mexico! They would get robbed in the street and killed in a second!
Hang out in Polanco more often I guess? Mexico City's a huge city, look around more and you might find some.

firedude

Apr 6, 2011
NY
Black Hoe said:
Are you sure that bus isn't from Mexico, New York???

100% Positive, that rig is going to Mexico. There is approx 70,000 Jews in Mexico.

The vast majority of Mexican Jews reside in the capital, Mexico City. They have a vast network of synagogues, schools and other communal institutions. There are over 30 synagogues, most of them Orthodox. The majority of Mexico City's Jews send their children to Jewish schools which include secular as well as Haredi dayschools and Yeshivot. Several of the schools are named for school networks which existed in pre-war Europe, including the Zionist "Tarbut", the modern Orthodox "Yavne" and the secular Folkish "Yiddische Schule" where Yiddish is still taught. The Jewish Community Center known as the "Centro Deportivo Israelita" is the largest of its kind in the Jewish diaspora and includes both sports and social activities. Many Zionist youth organizations have branches in Mexico City, including Hanoar Hatzioni, Bnei Akiva, Habonim Dror and Hashomer Hatzair.

History of the Jews in Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.