We've got us a new winner!

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
Besides offering crappy chinese products left and right saying that they are brihgter then anything else... "Sean" is also selling Federal Signal Vipers for $65. Thats right, you can get you very own viper for only $65! To beat it, he will also only charges $15 an hour for installs. I mean, when you charge that kind of price, who has time for those pesky things like inssurence, or quality, or havin a car not on fire.

Anyone from Indeana want to pay this guy a vist?

Outfitting Public Safety and Security Vehicles for Dirt Cheap - Home - Lebanon, IN

https://www.facebook.com/JaggedEmpireUpfitting

Screen Shot 2014-02-17 at 7.37.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-02-17 at 7.38.04 PM.png

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
FSEP said:
It's been almost a year and we've yet to end this guys pitiful attempt at playing dealer/installer?

I am ashamed of you ELB... You have time for bacon and boobs but not stoping this guys.... *tisk tisk* :nono:

How dare you speak ill of the boobs and bacon? Careful, lest you find yourself on the ban hammer hitlist with firefighter7017.

rohmers

May 24, 2010
MA
forget my cencom....

I want this!

FS 350

350watt multi-channel, wireless remote, full function siren/control system. Want to be incognito? Well, that huge console is a dead giveaway. Wireless controller with PA and lighting controls gives slicktop a new meaning.

Price: $225.00

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
The reply I got when asking about the Vipers warranty;

They include a manufacturer's 1 year full replacement warranty. But at that price rather than the MSRP $180-$220 per unit, there's no way to cover a lifetime warranty. So it's a question of 1/4 the regular price or betting against Federal that it will break and be covered.

Sooooo does it, or does it not?

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Boy, I must be getting SCREWED by fed sig. The only way I can match that price for a REAL Federal Signal Viper is to do the VIPER LC (which I think has been discontinued) in a single head version... And we have master pricing with them.. But seriously list price on the viper LC dual head is 219 (1 year warranty) and 410.50 for the Viper s2 (5 year warranty). I don't think anyone is getting greater than 60% off, especially this guy, so how the hell can he sell them for this! Besides, that, to pay for labor to order, inventory, software, electricity, etc... we have to have profit in parts... Wait... I should hire this guy, he likes to work for free!!

It also pisses me off because this will only hurt Fed sigs name. It is one thing to sell Chinese knockoffs as Chinese knockoffs. It's another to sell it as a top brand when it is really not. The customer wont be the wiser (most of them) but they most likely will not get full life out of the product and think it is a fed sig problem. If this guy was in my area, I would make it a point to show he is selling products that are not genuine. I would bet all of our local departments would be quite interested to hear that...

Finally, I know he charges 15 hour, and apparently no parts profit or misc parts charge... SO, he steals wire? We buy consumables by the pallet to help keep costs low, and probably have over 200k feet of wire sitting on hand at all times. When we wire a vehicle, our consumables cost still goes past $15 hour... Of course if we didn't use fuse holders, and breakers, and fuses, and loom, and tape, and connectors, and heat shrink, and drill bits, and tools, and wire ties, and p-clamps, and bolts, and nylocks, and spacers, and custom brackets, and paint, and seat covers, and welding gas, and welding wire, and lighting in the shop, and paper towels, and Windex, and armor all, and run an air compressor, and put in fuse blocks, and use relays, and and and, We might be able to work for $15 hour too...especially if I can employ him for free! :dielaugh: ...

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
I sent Fedsig a message asking if he's a dealer for them. If not, I'm going to gather up the pictures and such that he has on facebook and report him for selling knockoff products.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
It's one thing to sell similarly designed products and call it something else, but to pass it off as the original is a guaranteed lawsuit.

Jagged empire indeed. FS is going to have their lawyers ream him from behind.

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
firefighter7017 said:
I sent Fedsig a message asking if he's a dealer for them. If not, I'm going to gather up the pictures and such that he has on facebook and report him for selling knockoff products.

If anyone has any contacts with the local LEO's near him or a certain alphabet soup agency... We might be able to get them involved as well. :cool:

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I like the "Police/Fire/EMS/Military Discount". Who can't get a discount... whackers?

Also "All Products Tested Before Sale..." Doesn't FS do this themselves?

The more I look, the more I have to go back an edit my reply. Like this "This thing reaches out and blinds corneas at 10,000 paces." Sounds like something from a JDI ad.

Or "Wireless controller with PA and lighting controls gives slicktop a new meaning." Like 'no speaker on the roof'? Uh, living in the past, are we?

Last edited by a moderator:

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
JazzDad said:
I like the "Police/Fire/EMS/Military Discount". Who can't get a discount... whackers?

Also "All Products Tested Before Sale..." Doesn't FS do this themselves?

The more I look, the more I have to go back an edit my reply. Like this "This thing reaches out and blinds corneas at 10,000 paces." Sounds like something from a JDI ad.

Or "Wireless controller with PA and lighting controls gives slicktop a new meaning." Like 'no speaker on the roof'? Uh, living in the past, are we?

Sue my friend, sue!

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
I posted a review. "No shop insurance to cover damage from products and instals. Chinese knock off junk. Sells to imposters/impersonators.

Jaggedponed.jpg

And yes, I used my real name, because I'm not scared! :razz:

Last edited by a moderator:

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
uploadfromtaptalk1392772844708.jpg

HILO said:
I posted a review. "No shop insurance to cover damage from products and instals. Chinese knock off junk. Sells to imposters/impersonators.

Someone get a screenshot before it gets deleted! And yes, I used my real name, because I'm not scared! :razz:

Firetrux

Mar 1, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
justavillain said:
So he did wash out from basic training. What a loser

You just do not know how excited this makes me. I was thinking this was an unusually cold, long, hard winter until just a few moments ago.

I feel so warm and fuzzy...

Now we may have some REAL excitement after all!

May 10, 2012
New England
FSEP said:
If anyone has any contacts with the local LEO's near him or a certain alphabet soup agency... We might be able to get them involved as well. :cool:

I am a supervisor with the certain alphabet soup agency that could look into the possibility of counterfeit products coming from overseas. I would need a lot more solid information to work with, beyond what is in this thread, however.

I do mainly deal with criminal cases and would probably pass this to into someone else in my building if it looks like a good case.

FSEP

Nov 11, 2012
DE
NorthernPhoenix said:
I am a supervisor with the certain alphabet soup agency that could look into the possibility of counterfeit products coming from overseas. I would need a lot more solid information to work with, beyond what is in this thread, however.

I do mainly deal with criminal cases and would probably pass this to into someone else in my building if it looks like a good case.

If you need help with anything, shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to help.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
FSEP said:
Sue my friend, sue!

NorthernPhoenix said:

Give it to an intern or a coop student or a probie. They love to overimpress the higher ups and will really dig. Lol.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Looks like some sucker gave him a Crown Vic to tear up.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Found this in my FB messages...

Sean RobinsonSo someone who's never bought from me, never had me install anything on their vehicle, never met me, and has never so much as asked me a question or asked for a suggestion... writes a scathing review on my page?

Is there a reason for baseless accusations and slander or were you just having a bad day?

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Of course.

Me:

No base less accounts, nor slander. You are the same one who posted a while back on a forum, got yourself butthurt when professionals called you out. You admited you did not have insurance, a Federal Tax ID, and work out of your mommies home garage. You said you were selling your 'company' because you were going into the military. It is all fact, on the intwerwebs for all to see. So no dear boy, not slander.

Sean Robinsonlol The "Professionals" just buy their shit from overcharging companies with name brands. Big deal. I was medically discharged in December after being injured in a training exercise. I've had insurance since July of last year. And thank you, but that's my garage.

So how about you take your fat, cop wannabe, poser, Jiffy Lube wannabe ass somewhere it's wanted. Like a local prison.

Because yes, it's slander. What you read of a forum full of pretentious little tools who love to rape public safety budgets isn't quite as accurate as you think, old timer.

After that, he blocked me on his personal page. So I went to the jagged empire FB page. He posted about the review. I responded to that as well. And he posted again (with a picture of a gorilla for your ease of looking), where I responded as well. Do note the 'professional' words and attitude he gave, representing his company.

;)

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
Wow. That is just bad. I know for a fact that those are not Dual Vipers by looking at the patterns. The boxes (when compared to mine) are also different with the missing inspected by sticker and non FS date codes.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
:undecided: I think I got under his skin! Sean restricted his page so I can not comment on what he posts. No doubt because of the logic I applied in the comments he deleted.

This is what is left. Will someone remind me that I am supposed to be upset....

Just so we're clear, Mr. Cowie's statements stem primarily from his own failed business and me busting his balls on a forum for gouging prices. A hurt ego turned this once half decent person into a disgraced former shop owner and current employee of a pit stop auto shop similar to Jiffy Lube.

As many of you know, I directly respond to any and all concerns voiced to me, usually within an hour. Sometimes within minutes. I treat my customers on an individual one-on-one basis in order to get the best possible pricing for them, as well as to ensure they get what they need. This is not a high-profit business for me.

In the last 3 years, I have made a grand total of about $6,000 in profit. Or $2,000 per year. I work on this business, whether it's finding new lights and equipment, installing said equipment, talking to customers, and every other detail involved, for about 20 hours per week. When all is said and done, my hourly income is $1.92 an hour. That's what I make doing this.

I started this company in order to give small departments, individual officers, and other public safety people a way to get the lights they needed when their budget didn't allow for $15,000 worth of gear on a single car. The only other option when the budget isn't there to go retail is to buy some iffy gear online, install it on their own, and maybe catch a car on fire. It happens. But not to cars I outfit. I taught myself over years of trial and error, internship, and reading every piece of upfitting literature I could get my hands on.

This is a business I run from paycheck to paycheck. It does not make my life any easier or any more financially stable. It does the opposite. I'm in debt, but I still take a part of each paycheck from my other full time job in order to buy new demo lights, inventory, and install supplies. But I also don't have to worry about investors. Or being diplomatic towards pricks and assistant stock managers at the Qwik-Lube in Texas. That's not why Jagged Empire exists.

Jagged Empire exists to give you an option that doesn't send YOU into debt.

MJDNRP-6885

Jul 25, 2010
Germantown Hills, IL
HILO said:

I still take a part of each paycheck from my other full time job in order to buy new demo lights, inventory, and install supplies.

I didn't know Taco Bell had full time positions. :D

th15_8_2181.gif

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
His Business isn't legal entity in Indiana. He reserved the business name but failed to register it. The name reservation expired 7/15/2013.

From the Indiana Secretary of State database

Name Searched On:

JAGGED EMPIRE (Reserved)

Current Information

Control Number: 2013031800128

Owner Name: SEAN ROBINSON

Address:

524 W GREEN ST, LEBANON, IN 46052

Type: Reserved

Name Creation Date: 3/17/2013

Name Date to Expire: 7/15/2013

Name Inactive Date:

Transactions:

Date Filed Effective Date Type

03/17/2013 03/17/2013 Name Reservation

According to the SOS website - once the name reservation expires, the business ceases to be a legal entity in Indiana.

:popcorn:

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Another person responded on his FB page.

Sean Sutherland Brian, even whackers need a place to go. Thing that got me was the lack of professionalism, and the garage where the work was to be performed. moms garage, with things all over the place, falling. A cheap old battery charger to "test" lights using a rusty old nail as a post. That's when he could FIND the demo china made junk. Then when I hear there's no insurance to cover any damages caused by either the work, or one of multiple items falling on/into the car... Then I read his very own posts, stating the china lights failed in a car wash! That was the end. I just stuck around to see if it improves... Looks like his "professional" attitude continues with "low grade butthurt". I work with adults, not people using 9th grade name calling

:haha:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.