What changes/additions would you make to Feniex products?

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Cannon external flasher incompatability- why can't they be set to steady burn and then run by external flasher?

I would love it if they would work with eternal flashers. It is big complaint from people that like to use external flashers. Or just offer a Dummy Cannon. I have 8 Cannons in my truck and if I could I would make them all dummy Cannons if that was an option.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Quantum physics?

The internal flasher can't handle the unregulated voltage it's perceiving from the external flasher

Reactions: Tony P

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
There's something I'm not grasping- if the lighthead, in this case the cannon, is set to steady burn, the built-in flasher is disabled, no?
Feniex even says it can be used as a multi-mode reverse, turn, tail, fog and warning light, how would that be possible if not being driven by the vehicle's own flashing system?

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
Not all steady burns are built alike. Feniex cannon steady burn is designed for scene/reverse lights and doesn't work well with flashers with short "power on" times.

That being said, some members have confirmed the latest cannons are compatible with slower patterns. It's hit and miss.

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
It's because there is a very slight delay in the boot time for the cannon flasher. With fast external flash patterns it doesn't work.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
I have an upfitting project coming up where we're gonna use cannons to replicate the Ford PIU "forward pocket warning lamp" park/turn/warn option- the plan is for the head to be mounted into the twist-lock hole below the highbeam, mode 1 to steady burn amber and integrated into the vehicle's park/turn/hazard circuit and mode 2 in red flash to override mode 1, will this not work?

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Quantum physics?

The internal flasher can't handle the unregulated voltage it's perceiving from the external flasher
I'm curious how difficult it'd be for someone to figure out which voltage they use and build a external voltage regulator... I'm sure it'd sell great.

Its beyond my electrical ability tho..

PanHandleStan

May 20, 2010
FL
I have an upfitting project coming up where we're gonna use cannons to replicate the Ford PIU "forward pocket warning lamp" park/turn/warn option- the plan is for the head to be mounted into the twist-lock hole below the highbeam, mode 1 to steady burn amber and integrated into the vehicle's park/turn/hazard circuit and mode 2 in red flash to override mode 1, will this not work?
It will work. It just doesn't work with super fast flash patterns

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Thanks. The Ford option 21W is obscenely priced, this is an extremely cost-effective alternative to achieve the same result

WA8IQO

Jun 24, 2011
N-A
I would also like to have the ability to upload my own siren tones in a .mp3 or .wav file format. Also be able to use pre-recorded evauaction messages with public address.

Reactions: esprole

cdnlight

Feb 16, 2013
Ontario
So I was hanging out with my girlfriend and she actually is interested in lighting and will comment when she sees some lighting. So were talking about Feniex products. We were talking about the different Feniex products. So that conversation leads to this thread.

If you could tell Feniex to change or create 3 or 4 things, what would they be? Realistic things.

1) I love Cannons. But I don't like that you can't use an external flasher. Myself and I heard others say they wont use them anymore because of that.

2) I was looking forward to the external flasher but I was disappointed when I got one. Not sure why they put T/A patterns in it? But they left out the good patterns like the double, triple and quad. And It would be nice if you could scroll backwards through the patterns.

I would have taken the flasher further then everyone else has. I have 4 external flashers in my truck. (trailer is synced with truck) How about maul banks that sync. So if you just wanted to use just your rear lights you could. Or a bank for white cut out. And more then 20 amps. I know this would be more expensive, but I think if it was more versatile people would pay for it.

3) How about a hand held siren.

4) Make the mini 4200 mini Bluetooth capable. I am going to add one just for scene/work lights. So if I was going to load up my truck I could turn the lights on to light my way.

So lets hear your ideas.
I have been using the line for several years. And feel the same. In addition...

The 4200 switch, why on earth make a switch to turn on a switch.

Dealers telling you they (the manuf) don't make a green T3 and you know they do. I think ok maybe the guy only has the new fusions in stock so I just go along with it. Only to see the box comes from the factory - nice.

The new dash light, with the little red plastic end caps. Maybe I like the total stealth look. I know your company colour is red don't shove it down my throat.

PA/Air horn siren (similar to the one another "W" makes) self contained.

And it's been mentioned but FFS the ability to use an external flasher !!!!!!

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Dealers telling you they (the manuf) don't make a green T3 and you know they do. I think ok maybe the guy only has the new fusions in stock so I just go along with it. Only to see the box comes from the factory - nice.

They do make green T3's and dealers can order them, however some won't if you are only wanting one or two and are the only person requesting them. I've come across a couple other dealers that didn't know the product line very well. Some dealers also don't want to order them because if you are the only one ordering green they could loose money since the T3's have to be ordered in groups of 5 and a minimum of 10 for dealers.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.