What do you use for detachable connectors?

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Putting some lights on my truck, including a mag mount dual halogen mini bar. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm not using the factory power outlets; the mini bar will be wired to a switch, but I'd still like it to be removable from the vehicle.

So, what do you guys like for detachable connectors? PowerPoles? Molex? AMP style? Twist-n-tape?

( :D on the last one, for the humor-impaired).

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
Amp weather pack for exterior is good. Also an innovative company called neutrix (sp? or close) has offerings of all types that don't require higher dollar F crimp tool the Amp line does. Neutrix works very well with sj and sjo type (round) electrical cable available in many gauges most anywhere and makes a neat, one wire looking install..

TX_Mark

Jun 17, 2013
San Antonio,TX
Torpedo said:
Amp weather pack for exterior is good. Also an innovative company called neutrix (sp? or close) has offerings of all types that don't require higher dollar F crimp tool the Amp line does. Neutrix works very well with sj and sjo type (round) electrical cable available in many gauges most anywhere and makes a neat, one wire looking install..

The neutrix connector is neat. http://www.neutrik.com/en/lighting/powercon/powercon/powercon-true1/

I usually use weather proof quick disconnects/heat shrink. but if I was gonna ever do a light bar I would prolly use some type of twist lock connection on the roof of the vehicle.

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
TX_Mark said:
The neutrix connector is neat. powerCON TRUE1 - Neutrik

I usually use weather proof quick disconnects/heat shrink. but if I was gonna ever do a light bar I would prolly use some type of twist lock connection on the roof of the vehicle.

Yeah, the Neutrik line offers a mountable socket if one wanted to go that route, maybe if mounted shielded from elements... I like the clean low impact look of multi conductor sjo cable too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.