What is a true manufacturing company? Is it Feniex Industries?

On a scale of 1 - 10, how do you rate Feniex Industries as a "Manufacturer"?

• 1- Poor

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 2- Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3- Not Good

• 4- Fair

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 5- Average

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 6- OK

• 7- Good

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 8- Great

• 9- Best

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 10- The only brand I'll use

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jman423

Administrator
Administrator
Let's hear from those in the know. This will help people looking for information on which companies are trustworthy and which products are reliable.

For this discussion, we'll focus on Feniex Industries.

OP
OP
Jman423

Jman423

Administrator
Administrator
I'll start with full transparency... I was an employee for this company for most of 2018. There is nothing manufactured there. For those that may want to get into the argument of assembly vs manufacturing, it isn't the same, period.

While I tried to further the needs of agencies and end-users, they were more worried about uneducated projections. Generally incorrect marketing ploys and conveniently placed shills keep the social media venues moving along, but anyone that truly knows the industry... the BS is easy to spot.

There is an assembly floor, nothing more. All parts are imported and usually not even programmed in-house.

More recently, they've stopped trying to develop new tech and started shipping it in from overseas and slapping a sticker on it.

This is also a "manufacturer" that used dealers and agencies as stepping stones to begin selling straight to their end-user customers.

During my time there, I was tasked with ordering competitors' equipment and righting a full report on it so we could decide how to change it as minimally as possible to call it one of our own innovations. The interior lightbars that are vehicle specific... based off the competitors' products and modified with their own branding styles.

The list goes on and on. The early beginnings of this company and the way they deceived dealers and customers was questionable enough, even following the so-called "split" from SpeedTech.

Products that I've put on my own vehicle that I purchased while I was an employee there are already failing left and right, from lens yellowing to fading lightbar and stick finishes/discolorations... all things they marketed to users promising those problems were behind them.

The point of this post is to make sure you have a full understanding of whom you're becoming a fan-boy of without all of the details. Sometimes, there is a reason the Big 3 are more expensive... they have mechanical, electrical, and design engineers that create processes to actually manufacture products. No, they don't make their own LED's, we know. But you get the point.

eLightbars doesn't foresee it's name getting behind a so-called manufacturer such as Feniex Industries based on professional experiences apart from my time inside the company, both of which were very eye-opening.

Noting I can say will convert the fans and dealers that depend on Feniex, and that is not my intent. The information just needs to be out there from a reliable source that has nothing to gain by telling the truth to those who are trying to research companies before they do business with them.

Call this a review.

John Smith

I will never use Feniex products on my agency emergency vehicles, period.

However, that being said. I ride motorcycles and I always add a supplemental brake light to my bikes for more rear visibility. I originally chose the Apollo in red because it was cheap, small, and threw the majority of light to the back, but also provided light to the sides. I wired it straight in line with the OEM brake light. It stays dim steady when ignition on, and goes full bright and flash with brake application.

I really couldn't be happier with the light. It's mounted under the tail of a bike that's ridden year round, so it sees harsh conditions, and it runs 100% duty cycle. After 5 years and 28,000 miles I've had zero issues.

So much so, that despite having the budget to go with a different light on my new bike, I went out of my way to find a new Apollo (They've since been discontinued). Perfect size, perfect brightness, perfect function, perfect split between rear/side throw.

rettoded

Premium Member
The only Feinex product that I use and have experience with is the non Direct Link 4200. I have had it for about 5 years and got if from a great deal Nic @ Fever had on Facebook. At the time, it was the only system that met the requirements for my switching needs at the time. Other controllers were less programmable or did not have enough switches.

Last year I changed rank and was able to start running red lights and siren. It was very easy to change around the 4200 to be able to add siren controls and additional lighting controls. The integrated headlight wig-wag has also worked very well.

That being said, seeing the curtain be pulled back, on what kind of company Feniex is unfortunate. I can recall some posts here on the board when Feniex came out that had shown a connection to STL. There were concerns then about what kind of quality or issues there could be, but there was also an air of optimism about this new company. Over the years though, I have seen more and more stories about how Feniex operates and what kind of "manufacturing" they do. It is amazing how deceitful and exploitative some of their actions have been. I am thankful for those who have shared their experiences, like Jman, and for those who have done research on Feniex.

Strobesnmore

Established Member
Feniex is not a manufacturer PERIOD! They assemble some products as a way to try and fool people into thinking they manufacturer (Made In the USA) however this is a complete lie and a fact.
Just this week Chinese company Sanmak that makes the Feniex Beacon and the AM900 Flood light cancelled our orders of the same products that we have been selling to you at a true retail while Feniex marks it up 400% just to its dealers.... Feniex entered into a 1 year agreement with them to be the only US buyer. I am sure they did this to give them time to find another Chinese company to make them then they will say goodbye to Sanmak. Their products left China with "made in China" labels however those labels disappeared when they hit the USA. Can you say Illegal??

Why does Feniex do this and lie about being Made in the USA simple. Because many Government and Municipal agencies have "made in the USA" requirements. We can't sell some Strobes N More branded products to these agencies as we abide by the rules.

The other reason they lie is because they know some consumers look for "Made in the USA" when shopping.

Lastly I think the owner thinks if he says it enough, plasters it all over his web site and packaging that us stupid Americans will believe it too. I think we are smarter than this.

Anyway to the question posted on the topic Feniex is NOT a manufactuer and therefore "it's a trick question!" Taken from My Cousin Vinnie!

OP
OP
Jman423

Jman423

Administrator
Administrator
Maybe you could straighten this out with Alex, or is it Hamza? What about his wife Jennifer, or is it Muna? Surely one of his brothers at SpeedTech could shed some light.

If anyone wants details, they're not too hard to find ;)

Cleaning Traffic

Silver Supporter
Feniex is not a manufacturer PERIOD! They assemble some products as a way to try and fool people into thinking they manufacturer (Made In the USA) however this is a complete lie and a fact.
Just this week Chinese company Sanmak that makes the Feniex Beacon and the AM900 Flood light cancelled our orders of the same products that we have been selling to you at a true retail while Feniex marks it up 400% just to its dealers.... Feniex entered into a 1 year agreement with them to be the only US buyer. I am sure they did this to give them time to find another Chinese company to make them then they will say goodbye to Sanmak. Their products left China with "made in China" labels however those labels disappeared when they hit the USA. Can you say Illegal??

Why does Feniex do this and lie about being Made in the USA simple. Because many Government and Municipal agencies have "made in the USA" requirements. We can't sell some Strobes N More branded products to these agencies as we abide by the rules.

The other reason they lie is because they know some consumers look for "Made in the USA" when shopping.

Lastly I think the owner thinks if he says it enough, plasters it all over his web site and packaging that us stupid Americans will believe it too. I think we are smarter than this.

Anyway to the question posted on the topic Feniex is NOT a manufactuer and therefore "it's a trick question!" Taken from My Cousin Vinnie!
I agree 100% with this post. Refer to my post under the same question regarding Star Warning Systems products!

Cleaning Traffic

Silver Supporter

In addition to my previous post on this topic, 5 Star Warning Lights out of China (which is where STL gets a lot of their stuff from) is also supplying so called "Made in the USA" items also to companies here in the USA who claim as such. Unfortunately shoppers only buy off of two motives: MADE IN THE USA (as you stated above) or by there budget, which is what keeps the foreign companies in business. Outside of government buying regulations (buy American), the rest of the buyers market keeps this crap coming in. In most cases, the foreign stuff performs just as well and comes with the same warranty at half the price. Thank Amazon and Alibaba!

The shop that is doing our installs these days used to sell Feniex. I introduced them to Sound Off and once they saw the relative price to quality, the dropped the Feniex stuff. They were constantly doing repairs on the Feniex stuff. SOS, not so much.

OP
OP
Jman423

Jman423

Administrator
Administrator
I won't disagree there... many large dealers got their start with Feniex, it was a mutual relationship that has quickly become one-sided lately. For those who have a strict budget but still want something with a reputable name, Feniex was it. However, now, they are playing games with their marketing tactics and their quality is suffering. I can speak to their quality issues both as a (former) end-user and someone who saw the inner workings of the company. While I was employed there, I loaded up my personal vehicle with products that have had functional failures, faded finishes, and yellowed lenses/domes. All of that has happened to the newer products I've phased out since I left the company a year ago... and I seriously doubt they're going to want to see my name on an RMA :rolleyes:

I am legit surprised to see the opinion on elightbars do a complete 180.

It sounds like the folks who were saying feniex was nothing more than a speedtechlight rebrand advertising experiment were on the right track.

I like their products, but it always seemed like they were an assembly/import company first and foremost.

"We change lives by manufacturing innovative American-made products for the world's toughest jobs."

Up next from feniex, the soundoff signal intersector feniex UMP!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
Slade797
Top Bottom