What is your favorite Soundoff Signal Product?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Okay so I was in a debate with a couple of local installers who I consider close friends. We hit on each of the manufacturers and talked about what we liked most. We tried to come up with one product from each manufacturer that we liked the best. We couldn't agree. 

So it got me wondering, what is YOUR favorite product from SoundOff Signal?   Why? I don't want to hear from dealers.  End users only. This is ONLY for Soundoff Signal Products. (I plan to start a thread for each of the manufacturers we discussed. I figured doing it by manufacturer would keep the Free Stupidy company vs Whacker Company debates out of the mix, which always lead to mud slinging. 

Additionally, this is not a thread for gripes and complaints. We have enough threads of people griping and complaining. Keep your zen and stay positive! 

I'd like to keep this for products actively being sold. I might even kick this around for various manufacturers in the Vintage Warning Section as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mrlunchbox and Doug

cyclepuck

Feb 17, 2014
Michigan
For me it's the mini pinnacle light bar. Great design with the lens and for the money you'll be hard pressed to find a better looking or brighter light.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
For me it's the mini pinnacle light bar. Great design with the lens and for the money you'll be hard pressed to find a better looking or brighter light.
It is a popular mini bar.  

It took a little while for me to get use to the diamond layout of the modules, but once you see it in person concerns are put to rest.  I think people look at a picture of them online and think "that is odd not to have any forward light". It's certainly a bar people need to experience before making a decision on not giving it a chance. 

Thanks for the reply :)

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
I am going to have to go with the intersectors. Even though I don't have a set they have always impressed me. 

Reactions: Doug

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I am going to have to go with the intersectors. Even though I don't have a set they have always impressed me.
I'm trying to decide between those and the nforce light bar.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I have seen the Nforce interior bar and I was very impressed.  But as far as the SOS products that I have actually owned I would have to say the Intersectors.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I vote for the intersectors too b/c they were a phenomenal idea, bright, and they filled a void of indiscreet side warning options (esp with the tremendous off axis they provide).

However, I do think that the ghost deserves an honorable mention b/c the design of the light itself and the multi-purpose mount were revolutionary in vehicle lighting IMHO (it's just too bad that several of their competitors are banking on their design)

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
However, I do think that the ghost deserves an honorable mention b/c the design of the light itself and the multi-purpose mount were revolutionary in vehicle lighting IMHO (it's just too bad that several of their competitors are banking on their design)
It was ahead of its time and your right about their competition.  Seems like everyone has one now.  

Reactions: Skippy

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
From the ones I've seen, I'm going to say the nForce series, as well as the Ghost series (which inspired so many variants by other manufacturers.)

However, in my mind, I'll always think of SOS for their flashers.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Intersectors, hands down.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I'm really surprised that with as long as the intersectors and ghost have been out, that we havn't seen any product updates.   SOS is not one to sit on their heels with stuff, especially with the competitors copying them.  I'm sure they will have a bunch of new things out soon. Or at least some sort of improvement/variation.

I like the Intersectors the most I think as well.  I was a HUGE Fan of my 400 series dual tone siren when I had it in my patrol car.   

FHP Troopers still talk about how much louder our agency sirens are compared to theirs.  

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
As innovative as FHP is (studies on light colors, etc), I think it's funny that they outfit their vehicles with products from the LEAST innovative manufacturer of blinkies.

But yes, I'm hoping to see some nice new stuff from SOS. I wasn't too impressed with the nline, but am confident they'll continue to come out with some neat stuff. I just wish they'd work on making larger lightheads and maybe something along the lines of a dual-stacked nForce lightbar so they can put together some 1901 packages.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
FHP is very stubborn up top and not really innovative.  They did some studies based upon funding specifically designed for such studies. 

They arn't ordering lightbars from Code 3 right now. They are refurbishing their current frames and updating them as they move them from vehicle to vehicle. 

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
the way sos is going with dual color stuff i can't imagine them not doing something to replace it or upgrade it in dual color

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
I like the intersector for it's innovation. I gotta say that LED3s are pretty cool in my book due to simplicity, size, and price for what you are getting. It's a pretty versatile little light for what it is. I also agree that the Ghost was ahead of the pack when it came to options for placement. I would love to see some Nforce stuff up close.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
The Apex would be my choice.

Soundoff makes really nice light bars. They are almost overkill in how they are engineered and I imagine they are not fast, or cheap to produce.

Sealed connectors to all the lightheads with huge metal heatsinks, further attached to an all metal bar to dissipate even more heat are just 3 things that I can name.

These two videos below show how they look inside.

---

If not the Apex, then the nforce Lightbar because it shows Soundoff Signal did their research before releasing it.

Construction of the bar is not overkill like their previous bars (Apex, and Pinnacle). It's designed more like the Federal Signal Legend which I would imagine lowers the production costs.

Solaris like reflectors to accommodate lots of leds for multi color heads. ROC like PCB boards that are modular for easy replacement. And they are individual heads for each section, making 1 to 1 replacement possible, unlike Federal Signal's giant ROC boards that require taking out entire sections of the bar for servicing.

I wish someone (FEVER!), would take apart a nforce lightbar, and show everyone.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
The Apex would be my choice.

Soundoff makes really nice light bars. They are almost overkill in how they are engineered and I imagine they are not fast, or cheap to produce.

Sealed connectors to all the lightheads with huge metal heatsinks, further attached to an all metal bar to dissipate even more heat are just 3 things that I can name.

These two videos below show how they look inside.

There was a long period of time where the Apex was the bar I dreamed of owning...  

As far as the nForce bar video... Give me some time. I'll see what I can come up with. I need to get another one in. If I do, I'll fire up the studio. 

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
I don't have a ton of experience with their products, but after a recent install I'm very impressed with the tri-color nForce 18-LED heads. This user has a fairly uncommon requirement to have 360-degree amber sometimes and 360-degree red/blue others, both flashing. I had to do some magic with relays and an ULF44 to get the amber flashing to happen... but it did work.

I'm running LINZ6s on my truck in similar locations, and am looking to replace them. The nForces are far more effective, and they don't seem to allow water in like the LINZ6s do (are you listening, Whelen? We're growing very tired of this!)

Suggestions for improvement:

Rather than requiring two wires to +12 for the secondary color, give me one wire for primary color (with override) and one wire for secondary and let me choose flash patterns (or solid) for both.

Better flash patterns... I'm a fan of low and slow, and some are too sedate even for me.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
:beat_deadhorse:  hey.... no mud slinging!  (i.e. whelen linz6)  :beat_deadhorse:  

Always one rule breaker  :crazy:  

So far we have intersectors and nforce being the most mentioned, but SOS doesn't really have ONE product as a clear cut favorite. 

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
SOS is a local here and I see a lot of their products and I will say out of everyone on my POC department that runs lights all but 2 don't use their light bars mostly the mini pinnacle 1 is a full size bar. Including myself.

The forward lighting is good and the off axis is just as good. The wedge was proven to be one of the best designs for many things and lights included.

We may have a code3 rx2700 on the front of the squad but ghost 6s all over it a mini on the back.

Reactions: 7d9_z28

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
Ghost as an end-user. I've been running these for several years now and still look great.

nErgy 400 series Siren/light controllers from an installer perspective. I like how everything is modular and easier to connect than some.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
With the release of the Dual Color Intersector... Is that gonna get more votes?

Also how about the new LINZ6 size Nforce modules?  Seem to be better suited for LP brackets. 

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
SOS is a local here and I see a lot of their products and I will say out of everyone on my POC department that runs lights all but 2 don't use their light bars mostly the mini pinnacle 1 is a full size bar. Including myself.

The forward lighting is good and the off axis is just as good. The wedge was proven to be one of the best designs for many things and lights included.

We may have a code3 rx2700 on the front of the squad but ghost 6s all over it a mini on the back.
Same boat here, SOS is located in my county, not far from where I work. Most agencies around here run over 75% SOS, and the full size Pinnacle is the choice of the area. Seeing it in action as much as I do I find it impressive.

Also, and I will fight this to the death, after they picked up 911EP they started to shape their bars like the Millennium which is my all time favorite LED bar, and the fullsize Pinnacle is reflective of that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadlad

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.