What light did I see?

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
I was on an MVA the other day, and in the rear window of the squad car that responded were these two LED lights that I have never seen before. They were very thin (probably less than half an inch tall) and about 8 inches long. They did some really funky flash patterns, and were bright. One pattern actually looked like they were rotating. Anybody have any ideas? I want one for above my RVM.

Dan

It might help if you told us where you were at. Was it a local PD, county sheriff, or a statey? That would help to narrow down what it could be.

Tazewell County, IL.

Also, the light just had two L brackets on it that mounted it to the headliner. It reminded me of a mini 911EP LS12. I'm guessing it is some knock off light, because I've looked all over online and cannot find them.

Dan

maybe a first generation micro-man LED?

I know it wasn't the starburst light (it was thinner than that). After the rotating pattern the inner LEDs would dim down and steady burn, while the outer 2 or 3 LED's on each side went to rapid flash.

SBFD-E-9 said:
I know it wasn't the starburst light (it was thinner than that). After the rotating pattern the inner LEDs would dim down and steady burn, while the outer 2 or 3 LED's on each side went to rapid flash.

it might have been an original 911EP LS15.....i think they had gen 1 type LEDS and i know 911EP has a pattern like you are describing.

You sure it wasn't a 911EP? mine has the old style tir with the grey screws on each module and it has the rotating pattern. I absolutely love it.

It was too thin to be an LS12 or LS15. I might try to call the place that does their installs and see if they put those lights in or not.

Dan

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381