What light should I get?

Which has the greatest light output and visibility?

• Total voters

medic102

Jul 1, 2010
Brooklyn
I would like to get your input on which pair of lights I should get. They are going to be placed in the reverse breaklights and the color of choice is blue. I am looking for the light that will give the biggest light output, and will give me the best visibility, night AND day.

Im also looking for a blue as close to or the same as what the NYPD uses. Preferably the same shade of blue...

Last edited by a moderator:

fire1

Jun 5, 2011
Michigan
medic102 said:
I would like to get your input on which pair of lights I should get. They are going to be placed in the reverse breaklights and the color of choice is blue. I am looking for the light that will give the biggest light output, and will give me the best visibility, night AND day.

If money is not a issue and you never plan on changing color get the leds. They all run about $65-70 per head. If you think you might change color then go with strobes which is my choice. You can put a 2 head kit together for around $110.00 with blue. Just do not let anyone fool you by telling you to buy a 6 head 90 watt unit all strobe power supplies reduce the power per the # of heads used. The most you will get out of a unit is 22.5 watts per head on a 490 on a 6 90 20 per head. If you want to make a 2 head unit up, PM me and I will show you where you can get everything. If you want a 4 head 80 watt in clear, let me know and you can get it for around $95.00. The power supply is made by Federal signal division & have 15 flash patterns

medic102

Jul 1, 2010
Brooklyn
fire1 said:
If money is not a issue and you never plan on changing color get the leds. They all run about $65-70 per head. If you think you might change color then go with strobes which is my choice. You can put a 2 head kit together for around $110.00 with blue. Just do not let anyone fool you by telling you to buy a 6 head 90 watt unit all strobe power supplies reduce the power per the # of heads used. The most you will get out of a unit is 22.5 watts per head on a 490 on a 6 90 20 per head. If you want to make a 2 head unit up, PM me and I will show you where you can get everything. If you want a 4 head 80 watt in clear, let me know and you can get it for around $95.00. The power supply is made by Federal signal division & have 15 flash patterns
Im not going to be changing colors, its going to stay blue. Money is an issue, so Im going to be looking in the for sale section here on the site. I just wasnt sure what to look for so I wanted to get some opinions first. Whatever it ends up being, Im going to need 2 of it.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Whelen vertex. I used the SOS and don't like the blue. The vertex is better. You could also put tomar Rect14 r/b on a lp bracket. That is brighter then the haw LEDs.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.