What Siren? London Metro Armed Response Car

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Sounds like a fast yelp to me. Kind of like what the North American siren manufacturers call a 'phaser', 'piercer', 'hyperyelp', or 'priority' tone.

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
Wailer said:
Sounds like a fast yelp to me. Kind of like what the North American siren manufacturers call a 'phaser', 'piercer', 'hyperyelp', or 'priority' tone.

It is a very fast Yelp, but IMHO, not fast enough to be considered a phaser/piercer....

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
SireLite said:
It could either be a Premier hazard, Redtronic, Sterling, haztec or RSG. (All UK companies)

P.H, Redtronic and Sterling make their own sirens. They can make them with any tone and at what ever pitch you require.
Seeing how Premier Hazard is included in the tags on the video, I would venture a guess that you have found a winner. Let us know when you find a distributor.

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
167 said:
Seeing how Premier Hazard is included in the tags on the video, I would venture a guess that you have found a winner. Let us know when you find a distributor.

Except for the fact that the word "lightbar" comes right after, and I'm pretty sure that's a Premier Hazard lightbar.....and we all know how accurate YouTube tags are....

Premier Hazard's a division of Code3, correct?

Tunes

Oct 26, 2010
South Africa
It should be a PH because Metro use PH on all their cars but i haven't heard a PH siren that sounds like that either. It could be a specialy programmed siren specificaly for them though to give a sound more like the old fiamm two tones that haven't been able to be used since 'e' marking came in. Metro are very particular in what siren tones they have. In the ninties they used a specialy made Whelen 'Urban' siren with a 10W mode for night use and a tone with a high pitched, directional chirp mixed in. As far as i know all their vehicles are built by MacNeillies and they use equipment from pretty much everyone depending on customer.

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
I have always found Howard Webb exceptionally helpful at PH - he's I think their manufacturers representative on the UK version of this forum

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
squad 51 fan said:
jim has some older permier hazard sirens ,i'm sure he'll cut you a deal!
167 said:
I have emailed Premier Hazrad and this Jim fella. No one has emailed me back in over a week.

Maybe they'd answer your emails if you spelled the name of the company correctly. :lol:

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
Rofocowboy84 said:
Still haven't seen proof that it was a Premier Hazard, and until I do, I'm going to stick with my original statement that it sounds nothing like anything they have....
Well let the rest of us know when you get back from the UK....

SireLite

May 21, 2010
Merseyland, England, GB
Dr. Dennis Stouffer said:
The UK seller on the Premiere Hazard amps will only ship within the UK, or so states his ad. I don't get it since the buyer pays for all shipping. I've had the same problems from Germany.

Send the guy a message on ebay. You never know he might ship it to your location. If i had the cash. I would buy a load and sell them on here.

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
SireLite said:
Send the guy a message on ebay. You never know he might ship it to your location. If i had the cash. I would buy a load and sell them on here.
Kinda already beat you to it. Not a boat load, but bought (2) yesterday one for me and one extra.

According to the seller, it has the tone that rofo is looking for. We'll see.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firefighter5316

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.