What surface mount, dual color, external LEDs are out there today?

ki4fkw

May 13, 2012
Alabama
I'd like to put two dual (A/W) led light heads on a tractor. I've been away from the light world for a bit.

What companies are junk nowadays? Any good up and comers?

I'm thinking something that can mount flat like a TIR3/4 type light.

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I have liked my Strobes N More E6 dual color lights, had them for a few years now. I dont think you will find very many people talking bad about the Strobes n More brand. They are definately bright! Decent warranty and they have been around for a while so not a fly by night operation.

I do not know if they revised the flash patterns since I purchased mine. The patterns have whole and split head patterns. Each color has its own activation wire (regardless if the pattern is set to solid or split) but if you activate both wires at the same time it will split the lighthead. If the pattern is the whole head flashing with both color wires activated then each half will be a different color at the same time. If the pattern is split then each half will be a different color.

Not sure how the patterns on the Whelen, Federal or Feniex are set up. I have mine set synced to solid patterns but 2 groups of lightheads. That way I can pick the color of each group independant of the other.

Last edited:

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
Feniex Fusions all the way, dual color dual mode cant be beat for the price point

*this is my opinion only and not a site endorsement*

Reactions: Jarred J.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I think the best option is SOS Mpowers. They’re a little on the pricier side of your options, but they’re worth it IMO because they’re rugged (silicone housing/optic), bright as hell, and small/thin.

Alternatives:
Whelen T-ion duos are decent & slim.
The Feniex fusions are ok but I think they’re a little bulky, and I don’t think they’re as bright as the mpowers or ion duos; of the American made options, Feniex is the most economical option.
SNM has several duo color options & are overall the most economical IMO, if you don’t mind private brand.

I’m not impressed with the Code 3 or FedSig lightheads.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldwell205

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.