What to do with two Whelen 500 series LEDs.

dusty

Jan 9, 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
Several years ago, I bought mirror beams for my 2010 charger, they each had a red 500 series 6 LED head in them.  Now I've taken everything off the car since my wife and I are no longer sharing it.  I'm still not 100% sure how I'm going to outfit the truck, other than an LP bracket in the back, and I have two red vertexes that'll probably go in the front, not sure yet.

What are my options for these two lightheads, other than selling the entire assembly and using that money to buy a different light. Is there a housing that'll accept them for dash lights? Grille Lights? etc.   I need ideas.

Also, is it possible to wire 4 SnM T3s in an X pattern?

May 23, 2013
nc
are they the super leds?

i got a dual dashmiser housing you can put them in to make a dashlight

got a pic of them? 

would you trade the tir 6's for 5mm 500 series super leds? they are alot thinner and would work better for surface mounting and what knot if your interested, i put them in a dual dashmiser housing and they work pretty good

SANY3812.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mrlunchbox

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
You just need some flanges for them and then they become like any other surface mount LED. 

download (1).jpg

Did you mean SNM E3? Yes, that is very possible. 

Reactions: MEVS06

dusty

Jan 9, 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
What kind of truck is it and what equipment is already installed?
98 ford ranger extended cab 4x4. Nothing installed yet. I have a Whelen Patriot on the way, the rear is an amber traffic adv. I have red whelen vertexs I plan on putting in the corner markers up front. I have an SOS r/w dash light on the way, and I have 2 LP brackets with 2 amber and 1 red lighthead. I'm undecided on the last, I may do 1 bracket with 1 red, 2 amber, I may buy another red E3 and do an X pattern.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.