What type of telephone style cable for SS2000?

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
local hardware store should have what you need,phone cable,connectors and a crimper

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
I had tried to use a normal phone cable in my and the head of the cable doesnt snap in the unit the right way. It seemed too small and would move around :?:

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
the best stuff to use woud be the 4 wire flat data/phone cable,if the right connector is used it should fit correctly and lock correctly,undercover if it was loose and you where able to move it around it sounds like you may of used the wrong connector,change it to the next bigger size it should fit rather tight

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
yeah i just used a regular house cable temporarily. never got into the splicing of telephone cables. it requires a specific crimper right

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
yes you need a phone line crimper for the connectors,they only range anywhere from $10 for a basic one to about $80 for a pro model

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana

STT Installer

May 28, 2010
Idaho
Uman18 said:
RJ-11 cable. found at rat shack or most electronics store. just make sure it says RJ-11

Indeed... Otherwise your typical made-in-china telephone jumper with 4 pin modular connectors (RJ11s) will likely only have the center pair (red/green) crimped...

We bought a box of 6 gross only to find out they only crimped the main pair and not the yellow/black pair... Cheap bastards...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.