What would this radio be worth?

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Hey guys, just curious what a used CDM750 might be worth? Low band, 42-50mhz, 25-40 watts, 4 channel. Got an opportunity to pick one up and I'm wondering if the asking price is fair.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
emt322636 said:
Hey guys, just curious what a used CDM750 might be worth? Low band, 42-50mhz, 25-40 watts, 4 channel. Got an opportunity to pick one up and I'm wondering if the asking price is fair.

Fair price is hard to judge, but if the radio is complete, ie. low band mounting bracket & hardware, complete power cable, microphone & hanger, 16 or 20 pin accy connector with ignition wire and fuse, plus all in good condition, then something in the $100 to $175 range maybe reasonable. The less complete the package, the lower the price should be.

Age matters, too. This will help you determine the age of the radio from the serial number: akardam.net Motorola Serial Decoder R01.00.00

If you do a search in Ebay, you can get a feel for what CDM750's sell for. On the "buy it now" listings, the higher the price, the less likely it is to sell.

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
Its going to come with a mag mount antenna, power cord, and a mic with the DTMF buttons. Not sure if it has a bracket or not. He wants $50 so I think I'm going to jump on it.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
emt322636 said:
Its going to come with a mag mount antenna, power cord, and a mic with the DTMF buttons. Not sure if it has a bracket or not. He wants $50 so I think I'm going to jump on it.

I would certainly jump on it. You can easily get $30 or so out of the mic alone. A word of caution though, don't use mag mounts for low band antennas unless it has a HUGE (120lb+) magnet on it.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
emt322636 said:
Yea, I'm not interested in the antenna, I see he has the power cable wired up to a cigar plug...that can't be safe can it? lol

Not for a 60 watt low band radio! Should be using minimum of 10 awg wire direct to the battery with appropriate fuse. If you need a power cord, get the Motorola HKN4192 which is designed for that radio.

If it works, for $50, snag it! I just didn't want you to pay $150 and still have to buy bracket, power cord, mic, etc.

There are several low band, high power mounting brackets on Ebay right now. They're sort of special because they support the heavy back end of the radio.

If it includes the remote mount option and you don't need that, drop me a PM.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
emt322636 said:
It appears to have the right power cable, he just wired the pos and ground to a cigar plug lol.

LMAO!! I bet it transmitted for about 10 seconds or so before blowing a fuse in the car.

emt322636

May 22, 2010
Watertown, NY
LOL probably, he claims he never used it, bought at a flea market thinking it was a fancy CB radio...lol serial will be ran through the database before I buy.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.