Whelen 4500 Bars

acklover

Apr 28, 2014
Southern Indiana
I just picked up two (front and back) ambulance bars dated 2004. The model numbers are 4500KKKF as far as I can make out. With the purchase was all the cabling intact, an ISP188, a UPS64LXA and a UPS64LX. Each bar only has one strobe-the rest are 700 series LED's which are marked 12VDC. Clearly these controllers don't go with the bar's.

Which controller do I need? Normally I can figure out any bar, but these have me perplexed. Help!

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Usually Ambulance lights (older halogen and new LED) are controlled by an ambulance flasher. I think they are 5 output flashers that have primary and secondary warning capability. Difference between primary and secondary typically designate certain heads to be on or off. Usually not pattern changes.

Reactions: acklover

acklover

Apr 28, 2014
Southern Indiana
Usually Ambulance lights (older halogen and new LED) are controlled by an ambulance flasher. I think they are 5 output flashers that have primary and secondary warning capability. Difference between primary and secondary typically designate certain heads to be on or off. Usually not pattern changes
Usually Ambulance lights (older halogen and new LED) are controlled by an ambulance flasher. I think they are 5 output flashers that have primary and secondary warning capability. Difference between primary and secondary typically designate certain heads to be on or off. Usually not pattern changes.

Like an AFM1660? I found one on Ebay. Thanks!

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
The UPS64LXA is a pretty cool strobe power supply. I have never owned one, but I understand it can sync with other Whelen flashers and lightheads.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
@shues
You are right. You can sync to other ups64lxa power supplies. You can not sync to other flashers. As the manual states “other ups64lxa power supplies”. All lxa power supplies have to be on the same pattern. And when sync’d, all connected power supplies would flash outlets 1&3, then outlets 2&4.

And again, never wired one of those either.
but I read a lot of Whelen manuals.

Attachments

• 1E14D237-6AB2-49B6-B1A8-C3B4F2A482AB.png
    1E14D237-6AB2-49B6-B1A8-C3B4F2A482AB.png
    317.6 KB · Views: 1

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StormChase85

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.