Whelen 500 linear leds wont sync

ryan81986

Apr 13, 2011
Boston, MA
Hey everyone,

I've got 2 syncable 500 series linear leds that I can't get to sync. I tried putting them on the same pattern before hitting the pattern change wire and connecting the pattern change wires on both leds together but they won't alternate. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is there possibly something wrong w/ the leds?

And yes the grey sync wires are connected.

Last edited by a moderator:

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Possible broken connection on The board. Just reset both the lights to the first pattern. Not all the patterns are syncable. Just make sure the one light is on phase 1 and the other is on phase 2 then reconnect the sync wire

sheazle

May 31, 2013
Missouri
Are you connecting the pattern change wires or the sync wires? They are not the same wire. The scan lock wire should be white and purple and the sync wire should be grey.

Edit: never mind didn't see the last sentence.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Are these an actual sync-able lighthead...? It should have 4 wires... Red (power), black (ground), Grey (sync), White/Violet (pattern)... So get the heads to sync, you have to connect the grey wires together...

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
Check to make sure one of the heads is on the correct Phase (Phase 1 or Phase 2) so as to alternate with the opposing head. The syncable patterns from Whelen each have two phases, and if both heads are on the same phase, they'll flash simultaneously, as opposed to alternating.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jriccio@necommunications.

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.