Whelen 8029

RS485

Lifetime VIP Supporter
I love the theme of clear outer optics with colored filters inside. Good luck buffing the outers. She's going to look beautiful when you're done. Pls keep the pics coming! Tx!

OP
OP
Mustang302

Mustang302

I love the theme of clear outer optics with colored filters inside. Good luck buffing the outers. She's going to look beautiful when you're done. Pls keep the pics coming! Tx!
Thanks I appreciate it..love 8000 I have 4 bars but always wanted to do one of these. I will keep pics coming

Attachments

OP
OP
Mustang302

Mustang302

Attachments

RS485

Lifetime VIP Supporter
Just spent the last couple of days getting these two characters to flash again. One had the same part number as yours, "4A13D11518-41".
Interestingly, the circuit board seems virtually identical to Whelen's aircraft strobe PS model "A413A,HDA,DF-14".
The aircraft PS had bigger capacitors (450uf), doesn't have the low-power latching relay (plus a jumper wire I don't understand it yet).

8000s (and 5000s!) are so cool!

How are your lenses coming along? Well, I hope.
Lens restoration seems like magic to me :)

Attachments

OP
OP
Mustang302

Mustang302

Just spent the last couple of days getting these two characters to flash again. One had the same part number as yours, "4A13D11518-41".
Interestingly, the circuit board seems virtually identical to Whelen's aircraft strobe PS model "A413A,HDA,DF-14".
The aircraft PS had bigger capacitors (450uf), doesn't have the low-power latching relay (plus a jumper wire I don't understand it yet).

8000s (and 5000s!) are so cool!

How are your lenses coming along? Well, I hope.
Lens restoration seems like magic to me :)

OP
OP
Mustang302

Mustang302

That beehive is cool..I have 2 myself. Amazing all the different diffusers whelen used on thier 8000. Like your pics of the old power packs..I have a 4 head in my truck..man its loud!! Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
Neto_09
Top Bottom