Whelen 99 series

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
I tend to gravitate towards vintage Whelen lights, and with the 99 series of beacons, I always wondered why there seems to be so many more of the 994 (4 bulbs) versions as compared to the 992 and 993 models. Tonight I finally picked up a Model 992 and Im sure its the first one that Ive seen for sale, atleast in a long time. s-l1600.jpg

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Was it the one on eBay? That IS a nice beacon! Hope you made out good on that one ;)

Reactions: kerry4951

lenny77

Aug 12, 2014
n.y
I have a set of 992 in amber and they some of the fastest rotating lights in my beacon collection. all interior parts are quiet heavy duty aswell. that was a good grab, I have been wating to find any other color dome for my two.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
I have a set of 992 in amber and they some of the fastest rotating lights in my beacon collection.
Thats odd.
I thought that it was the same motor in 992 and 994.
The 994 have a flash rate of about 180 fpm that should mean that the 992 should have about 90 fpm and that is quite normal.
How come that yours are fast flash?

Michael

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.