whelen avenger

vsfd341

Aug 17, 2010
central islip ny
there are three wires inside the black sleeve i have a black,white and green i all ready have a switch from and light that only have 2wires coming out of it

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
vsfd341 said:
there are three wires inside the black sleeve i have a black,white and green i all ready have a switch from and light that only have 2wires coming out of it

Black is Ground, White is power and green is pattern (I think) If you want to be able to change the pattern, you will have to install another switch...

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
I hardwired mine, and left the pattern select wire free-floating, so I could access it and change it if I wanted, but did not bother hooking up to a switch.

Rebellion

Sep 18, 2012
Orange County, NY
To answer the gentleman above me..

Look at information below that was already supplied earlier in this thread

TritonBoulder47 said:
Ground the unit, run the power to your switch, and run your pattern wire to a momentary switch...

TL: DR or 2D2R - You'll need two seperate switches when you wire your Avenger - 1 (On/Off) - 2 (Pattern Selection)

Brad519

Feb 24, 2013
Mississippi
Yeah I saw that and do thank you for your response. Wasn't sure what wires I would have if I cut the plug off.

Right now I have them plugged into a cig lighter adapter that has an on/off switch but when I kill the power it goes back to the default flash pattern. Any way to get the pattern I want to stay set without going through the patterns? That's my main issue.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
TritonBoulder47 said:
Ground the unit, run the power to your switch, and run your pattern wire to a momentary switch...

That is what I am going to do. I already did it with my E66. It just makes it easier if you want to change the patterns

Brad519

Feb 24, 2013
Mississippi
Probably easy to figure out but this stuff is mostly Greek to me.

If I cut the plug off I will have 3 wires. 1 power, 1 ground, and 1 to pick flash pattern? Is that correct?

Sorry if this question is elementary as I'm not a install guy. I'm just a cop and we're not known for your electronic genius :haha:

Hoser

Jun 25, 2010
Ohio
Brad519 said:
Probably easy to figure out but this stuff is mostly Greek to me.

If I cut the plug off I will have 3 wires. 1 power, 1 ground, and 1 to pick flash pattern? Is that correct?

Sorry if this question is elementary as I'm not a install guy. I'm just a cop and we're not known for your electronic genius :haha:

That is correct, a Hot, a ground, and a pattern wire. If you just touch the pattern wire to the hot for a moment to change the pattern.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bfpd108

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.