Whelen Battle: Dual Talon vs LED Dash King 2000

Mar 25, 2014
TX
I'm trying to pick a dash light to hard-wire.  I have a Dual Talon and a LED Dash King 2000 to choose from.  Originally I was thinking about using the Talon and keeping the Dash King for a backup...but I figured before I go making uneducated decisions on my own, I should get y'all's opinion on which of the two is "better."  

If you have any input on the two, I'd love to hear it!

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Oh wow, that big of a difference, huh?  
Yeah. Pretty much.

The dual dashking is probably 5mm LEDs. I don't think I've ever seen one that was Gen3. The Linear warning of the dual talon with it's Gen 3 LEDs is going to outshine the dashking every day. Put the two side by side on your dash, turn em on, and walk 100' away, pick the one that's brighter. (Try to get them on similar patterns.)

Mar 25, 2014
TX
Just did a side by side in my driveway.  Holy hell, what a difference.  Talon all the way.  Might keep the Dash King stowed somewhere in case of an emergency or something, but yeah...Talon gets hardwire duty.

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
apples-and-oranges1.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.