"Whelen Blue"

msambrato

Mar 30, 2014
New York, United States
Does anyone know if the Soundoff Ghost is the same color blue as the "Whelen Blue"?

I have had lights before that are not the same color blue as whelen, more of a turquoise color.

Thanks in advance guys

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Depending upon year whelen had that same turquoisy blue. Your going to want the deeper blue which is around 675nm iirc.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
HPD84 said:
The current shade of "New" Whelen Blue has been around since like 2009.

Earlier than that. My 06 lin6 passive modules on my liberty are the dark blue. Curious enough though the corner modules are a more teal blue. Not for long though

HPD84

May 16, 2010
City of Houston,Texas
wilsonbr90 said:
Earlier than that. My 06 lin6 passive modules on my liberty are the dark blue. Curious enough though the corner modules are a more teal blue. Not for long though

I'm referring to the "new" blue, not the teal problem from 04-08. I believe we had a thread about this somewhere , lol

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Not knocking you but I've seen probably every blue whelen ever used. My 06 modules are the true blue right around 675nm versus the teal blue or 'royal blue' at 650nm. Like I said it was curious that my corner modules were the royal blue but my inboards were the true blue. I've seen modules from pre 06, ballast, passive, all the way to brand new justice modules and lr-11s.

To answer the op's question. From what images I could find they do appear to be similar. A vendor may be able to tell you more for sure since I've never had one come in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.