Whelen CANTrol custom button labels

WSP-D2RS

Aug 11, 2017
Bellevue (Eastgate), WA
Does anyone know of a source for custom-printed button labels for the Whelen CANTrol and CenCom series control heads? Or, perhaps, a way to create one's own?

Queries directly to Whelen went nowhere. In fact, I got the distinct impression of a slightly 'hostile' response. Don't know why...?

Thanks much!

got_yogurt

May 21, 2010
BC, Canada
I've never had any luck when asking whelen about Cantrol since it's only supposed to be provided through authorized distributors, so I've always gotten stonewalled for a reply. Never heard of any source for custom legends for any of the control heads unfortunately

captskyhawk

Nov 8, 2014
Texas
This is a late reply, but you could always try to print on a transparency and cut it to dimension. The caps just come right off the new face plates.

The older ones need stickers, so that may be a little more challenging. If you are looking for those black background with transparent text, you can do the same thing printing on transparency but invert the colors. Then, using a small dab of superglue or something very sticky, cut and apply to the button.

Just an idea.

CanamRider

Jul 11, 2015
LA
I use a Dymo Label Print that uses thermal printing. Go buy some Dymo transparent labels and get the free software needed to make some simple labels. Adjust the font to how you think it will fit and test print a few labels. Then cut the labels to size. I use this on my Carbide for my air compressor, Q brake and a few others. The labels over a year or two will slightly fade but it’s simple, just print new ones.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
This is a late reply, but you could always try to print on a transparency and cut it to dimension. The caps just come right off the new face plates.

The older ones need stickers, so that may be a little more challenging. If you are looking for those black background with transparent text, you can do the same thing printing on transparency but invert the colors. Then, using a small dab of superglue or something very sticky, cut and apply to the button.

Just an idea.

This is exactly what a friend of mine did years ago for a smartsiren. However he also mirrored (?) the text so the ink would be on the underside of the actual transparency so it wouldn't rub off when someone pressed the button. Worked very well actually and the rubber membrane kept the transparancy in place.

Couldn't tell the difference between it and the OEM legend sheet.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helmi

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.