Whelen CenCom Gold CD Problem

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
One of the firefighters on a nearby department got a CenCom Gold, and asked me if I would program it, but he did'nt have the CD. So I ordered it from Whelen a couple days ago and it came today. When I insert the CD into the drive, I click run, and it says "CLR error: 80004005. The program will now terminate." At the top of the box it says "dfsvc.exe - Fatal error". I have Windows 7 64 bit. I've tried to run as administrator, open up the file and do it like that, but it comes to the same error box. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, how did you fix it? It says it will run on 7. The version of the disc is 5.2.0.0 if that helps. Thanks everyone!

CenTexPSE

May 21, 2010
Covington, TX
calebsheltonmed23 said:
One of the firefighters on a nearby department got a CenCom Gold, and asked me if I would program it, but he did'nt have the CD. So I ordered it from Whelen a couple days ago and it came today. When I insert the CD into the drive, I click run, and it says "CLR error: 80004005. The program will now terminate." At the top of the box it says "dfsvc.exe - Fatal error". I have Windows 7 64 bit. I've tried to run as administrator, open up the file and do it like that, but it comes to the same error box. Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, how did you fix it? It says it will run on 7. The version of the disc is 5.2.0.0 if that helps. Thanks everyone!

Not a CenCom Expert here, but you may not have the correct operating system. All of my programing is done on my old laptop via Windows XP

Nov 21, 2010
Pelican Rapids, MN
I just successfully installed version 5.0.5.1 on Win 7 Pro 64 bit. I used it today for the first time and it worked. (mostly) I am having a problem with two of the buttons being programmed to ON/OFF but operating as momentary. I am probably just missing something as I don't program these very often.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
On the CD's files, it has a web page file that pops up and says that it is compatible with XP, Vista, and 7. I would use XP, but the only XP I have access to is our FD computers, but they won't except external programs w/o administrator password. I will call Whelen Friday (next day I'm off). I called earlier and there was no answer on the customer service extension.

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
According to Tech Support at Whelen, CenCom software below 5.3 isn't very compatible with Windows 7 (especially x64 systems). I can't even get it to run on my system at work, and mine's a quad-core 64-bit setup.

If you can get ahold of the 5.3.1 version, it should solve your problems.

NH3520

Aug 18, 2011
U.S.A., New Hampshire
I am having similar problems with a vista computer and have been emailing back and forth with a Jim from Whelen. He said the 5.2.0.0 is the latest software... he didn't know anything about the 5.3.1. Any idea who is correct? He told me to make sure all windows updates are installed and try again, which I will do tonight. I can't get past the verification window, it tells me there is an error and the program has to close. Quite frustrating. :mad:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.