Whelen CenCom Label Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERT1111

Dec 26, 2011
California, USA
OK, I give up.

How do you install the labels that came with the Whelen CenCom onto the rubber auxiliary switches?

Are they not supposed to go under the edges of the switch?

tjayfire17

Jul 16, 2010
Kinder, Louisiana
ERT1111 said:
OK, I give up.

How do you install the labels that came with the Whelen CenCom onto the rubber auxiliary switches?

Are they not supposed to go under the edges of the switch?

From what I remember they do. I think you'll need a small screwdriver to get them to fit under the edges.

P1808

Jun 2, 2010
Florida
I use the tip of a knife and push the edged into the corners and work your way around, they are a pain in most cases but once they are in they stay until you remove them.

Mrlunchbox

Jun 12, 2010
Central, MA
Agreeing with the above. Ive used a razor blade very carefully. I push the label in one side first, then move the blade around and under the edge to get the label under the lip. Good luck!

ERT1111

Dec 26, 2011
California, USA
Thanks, I will make another attempt today.

They look so wrong just stuck on the buttons, almost as bad as using a Dymo-label...

dymo_labels-1_large.jpg

Jake Duda

May 19, 2013
Columbia, SC
I'll usually push the label in to the left edge of the button (under the rubber lip) (me, being right handed), keeping the label, then lay the rest of the label down. Usually a bit of rubbing on the button edges is enough to lift the lip and let the label seat into place. I haven't had to use tools yet, personally. It's all about technique and preference :) I remember my first Cencom, and I thought the same thing, "these labels look like a**!"

Good luck!

ERT1111

Dec 26, 2011
California, USA
Thanks everyone who replied for the input.

I was able to put the labels on but what a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETFFMedic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.