WHELEN CENCOM Sapphire "WeCan" New version

HPD84

May 16, 2010
City of Houston,Texas
It appears Whelen revised the CenCom Sapphire "WeCan" Version. The "all new" Mic is so sleek and sexy. Just released. Also notice the updated plug on the on the back of the control head.

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f196_m3rican_2010_20Police_20Equipment_20Sales_IMG_7815_zps1d14abbd.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f196_m3rican_2010_20Police_20Equipment_20Sales_IMG_7819_zpse30d4326.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f196_m3rican_2010_20Police_20Equipment_20Sales_IMG_7818_zpsce4a590c.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f196_m3rican_2010_20Police_20Equipment_20Sales_IMG_7817_zpsb6440ab4.jpg

ai47.photobucket.com_albums_f196_m3rican_2010_20Police_20Equipment_20Sales_IMG_7816_zpsf6e58cf9.jpg

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
on the plus side... if u ever have to replace the mic u can go to toys r us an pull it out of a power wheel on display

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
I don't see anything new or different about the control head plug, am I missing something? Also, I'd rather not have a mic at all rather than have that Tonka special.

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
Actually, it's made in house, in the USA. The old mic was out-sourced and they wanted to make their own.

I would rather it was all black, but otherwise, it's a very solid unit. Not fragile or flimsy. I'm not worried about dropping is and seeing chunksof plastic fall off like I am with other PA mics.

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
I'm sorry, but that mic looks like a f*****g toy. Why are manufacturers doing this? In an attempt to make everything looks sleek, they just make it look stupid. Look at the new Jeep Grand Cherokee that's coming out, that's a perfect example!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
Rofocowboy84 said:
I'm sorry, but that mic looks like a f*****g toy. Why are manufacturers doing this? In an attempt to make everything looks sleek, they just make it look stupid. Look at the new Jeep Grand Cherokee that's coming out, that's a perfect example!

When I held their old mic in my hand, it felt like I was holding a radio mic...the quality was good, it looked good, felt durable, and it looked like something that was professional (example: raised letters "WHELEN"), not it's a sticker and looks like something I would hand my son to pretend to talk on the radio like daddy does. Pitiful.

This new one may work better, be better quality, but it looks like a toy. If they wanted made in USA, get the mold for the old mic's and put US components inside?? That's what I would have done!

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
C2Installs said:
Actually, it's made in house, in the USA. The old mic was out-sourced and they wanted to make their own.

I would rather it was all black, but otherwise, it's a very solid unit. Not fragile or flimsy. I'm not worried about dropping is and seeing chunksof plastic fall off like I am with other PA mics.

:rolleyes: Yeah, I can see the US flag on it. It still *looks* like some made in China shit.

As the other posters have already pointed out, regardless of how heavy/durable the mic might be and how well it might work, it still looks like something that should be attached to a toy.

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
tvsjr said:
:rolleyes: Yeah, I can see the US flag on it. It still *looks* like some made in China shit.

As the other posters have already pointed out, regardless of how heavy/durable the mic might be and how well it might work, it still looks like something that should be attached to a toy.

Well, ok.

:rolleyes:

Just filling in some details. I would prefer it was all black, but otherwise, I like it far better than the old unit which was huge and bulky in comparison. In the end, I couldn't care less, so long as it works.

Jan 20, 2011
Lake of the Ozarks
C2Installs said:
Well, ok.

:rolleyes:

Just filling in some details. I would prefer it was all black, but otherwise, I like it far better than the old unit which was huge and bulky in comparison. In the end, I couldn't care less, so long as it works.

Agreed to an extent, but if I'm dropping 4 car payments on a siren the dang thing better be everything I want in a siren/light controller, etc. I could outfit a volunteer's vehicle with siren, lights, and antennas for the same price. If you're paying for something expensive, at least make it look the part.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny22

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.