Whelen Century Elite Series Lightbar

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
Whelen Engineering - Lightbars - Century™ Elite Series Super-LED® Lightbars

Saw this posted on the official website last week. There doesn't appear to be a product sheet available yet. Bar lengths available in 44" and 50". The corner modules appear to be identical to those found in the amber-market version. Uses LR11 modules for alley and takedown lights. Directional modules are LIN12 heads. Traffic Advisors can be specified as well (eight TIR modules for the 44" and five LIN12 modules for the 50").

I'm not sure where the Century Elite fits in the overall scheme of things for Whelen. From a cost standpoint, it appears to be slotted beneath the Justice. Based on that, I'm assuming Whelen is marketing this as an entry-level lightbar for the emergency-warning market.

Anybody have additional info on this?

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Looks like a standard liberty with very minimal LED heads?

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
It's definitely an entry level light bar. List price is $868.00 for the 44" and $944.00 for the 50", respectively. Those packages/base bars consist of 4 corners and 4 warning modules.

Additional options include:

• Individual LIN12 modules (amber/red/blue/white) - List: $149.00/ea
  • 8 TIR lamp amber super LED Traffic Advisor (44" model only) - List: $528.00
  • 5 linear LED lamp Super-LED Traffic Advisor (50" model only) - List: $745.00
  • 2 LR11 Super-LED Take Down Lights - List: $109.00
  • 2 LR11 Super-LED Alley Lights - List: $109.00

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
I'm not really digging the Century Elite. I understand its purpose, though. Isn't there another lightbar forthcoming from Whelen? I seem to recall a previous post suggesting that bar built around the ION lightheads was in the pipeline. Is that still happening?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I can't shake the feeling that NFPA minimum spec builders across the country are whiting out the "ion" in "Centurion" and replacing it with "y" to make "Century"

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
We have one on display. It is a great bar built on an extruded aluminum frame with compression fit domes. The inboard modules are extremely bright. The only thing I don't like about the bar is the width. It is identical to the mimi bar at roughly 6". Bright dependable bar for the money though.

got_yogurt

May 21, 2010
BC, Canada
Good photos? Nope... Have this video though, century recently won a bid for bars for our force. Haven't seen one in person, as soon as our post garage found out the century won they placed a large order for legends while they still could... but other provinces are starting to rock them now.

It would appear ours are coming with CON-3 heads inboard, probably as a further cost saving measure. I think we pay $600 a bar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.