Whelen D6 Dominator... worth??

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Old style? How do you mean?

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
I thought there was an old (first) style with different lenses or something?

Also it has a red wire (positive), black (negative) & a white wire (not white /purple). I THOUGHT the white wire would be pattern, but it does nothing?

Thanks for the replies!

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
White is for synchro usually with another, similar device.

Yellow is for patterns, unless there is a dedicated switch...

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana
TheGatekeeper said:
White is for synchro usually with another, similar device.
Yellow is for patterns, unless there is a dedicated switch...

Not with Whelen.

Gray = sync

White w/ purple (violet) stripe = scan lock (pattern)

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
The only difference between the older style, and newer style... that I know of, is the plugs on the modules and flasher. The old style has the black plugs, the new... white.

That wiring setup, it doesn't sound like Whelen. What's the inside look like? Pics?

RolnCode3

May 21, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I just sold one here for $140 including shipping. Had flaking paint and had been used pretty well. Probably a little low (seeing as I had 2 buyers lined up almost immediately), but I just needed to get rid of it.

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
rwo978 said:
The only difference between the older style, and newer style... that I know of, is the plugs on the modules and flasher. The old style has the black plugs, the new... white.

That wiring setup, it doesn't sound like Whelen. What's the inside look like? Pics?

I'm 100% sure its' a Whelen, but haven't popped it open yet to see what the white wire does inside the light.

May 22, 2010
Central WV
Another things that I would use to determine how much to charge for it is if it is still under warranty. If it has a descent amount of warranty left then you could ask for a little more, where if it has no warranty left then you might not get as much for it. Just my thoughts though. Not knowing anything else I'd go for $175-$200 on it.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
the change he is thinking of is the tir3 to linz6 conversion.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.