whelen daul dashmiser

ffemt4660

May 27, 2010
East Freedom,PA
i have a question, i am going to be getting a self contained dashmiser with the standard quad flash wig wag pattern, has anyone ever converted one to the dash miser plus series with the selectable patterns and if so how did u do it?

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
I believe you'd have to change the power supply with the newer version, or bypass the internal power supply and make this a remote unit connected to an external power supply with the patterns that you desire.

Dan

SurfCityCar2

May 20, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
A vast majority of the dual dashmisers I have seen are self-contained and had only one pattern. I have seen one or two that had selectable patterns with the internal supply, but I consider those rare. Making the unit a remote dual head strobe would work, but then there is the issue of more cabling to install.

Or, you can do what I did, I took the strobes out of my dual dashmiser and installed the Whelen 600 Series Linear Super Split LEDs. All you need is power and a ground, and you have the option to bring the sync wire out as well. TIR6s work as well. I converted a friends dual dashmiser to TIR6 heads and it looks pretty good.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.