Whelen Dominator Question

djdrew99

Mar 2, 2011
US, NJ
Will a Whelen Tir3 with built in flasher work if connected to the Whelen Dominator flasher if the steady burn pattern is selected prior to connecting it to the Dominator flasher?? I apologize if this was already asked, however I was unable to locate that thread. Thanks for any help!

eng18ine

Jul 27, 2012
stony point, new york
yes it will work but why would you bother? buying a two wire tir3 is alot cheaper. but yes. if you really want to get fancy, give the lighthead a nice pattern, and then set the dominator flasher on a very slow wigwag style pattern. done correctly, this turns out very nice.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
djdrew99 said:
Will a Whelen Tir3 with built in flasher work if connected to the Whelen Dominator flasher if the steady burn pattern is selected prior to connecting it to the Dominator flasher?? I apologize if this was already asked, however I was unable to locate that thread. Thanks for any help!

Yes, you can treat your flasher just like another whelen flasher in this case.

eng18ine said:
yes it will work but why would you bother? buying a two wire tir3 is alot cheaper.

Actually, buying a two wire TIR3 module is more expensive...

Via Whelen's pricelist, a Blue TIR3 for example:

A 4 Wire TIR3 w/ Sync lists for $94 USD

A 2 Wire Steady TIR3 Module for the dominator bars lists for $140 USD

Just FYI...

That's not what I pay for them...that's the list prices on Whelens site. I doubt it would cost you $140 from a good supplier for a two-wire, I was just pointing out that they LIST for $46 more than the four wire models do...

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
2 wire modules are more rare then 4 wire. The 4 wire on steady will work fine, I've built a couple Dominators that way.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.