Whelen dual dash light with independent head control?

d119

May 26, 2010
CA - Land of Steady Red
Is there such thing as a Whelen dual dash light (LED) that has independent control of the light heads? I want CA steady burn on one side, but I want to synchronize the other side (passenger) with the front and rear Vertex lamps on the passenger side. Think CHP slicktop.

What is the best way to accomplish this? Will be using a ULF44 (or CANTROL if it has to go that far). I was looking at Avengers, but even with the sync/non sync models, I don't see how you could independently control each light head.

Educate me, please!

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I don’t believe the older avengers can do this as last I knew the modules were soldered to the board.

I’ve got a newer avenger tri color, hardwire to have independent controls but I haven’t tried what you’re asking. I wanted independent control of colors now lightheads.

I did have a tir6 slim lighter at one time. Those modules actually had pos n neg leads coming off the modules. Pulled the flasher, extended the leads and ran it on a ULF44 with everything else. Worked great. You should be able to do what you’re asking to do with a slim lighter unless they’ve changed the design. I did this circa 2007.

Hope this helps,
Seth

Reactions: d119
Here's a listing for a Whelen Dual Raider. Not cheap, but it's a dual raider. Alternatively, I''ve seen others on here talk about using an ol' Dashmiser housing and inserting 500 series LEDs in 'em. You can easily find some 2 wire 500 series heads on the same site linked above, then extend wiring from each head to a ULF44 or something similar.

Attachments

• DSCF3057.JPG
    DSCF3057.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: d119

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
Alternatively, I''ve seen others on here talk about using an ol' Dashmiser housing and inserting 500 series LEDs in 'em. You can easily find some 2 wire 500 series heads on the same site linked above, then extend wiring from each head to a ULF44 or something similar.
This was going to be my suggestion….. and also on my list of things to build

d119

May 26, 2010
CA - Land of Steady Red
Here's a listing for a Whelen Dual Raider. Not cheap, but it's a dual raider. Alternatively, I''ve seen others on here talk about using an ol' Dashmiser housing and inserting 500 series LEDs in 'em. You can easily find some 2 wire 500 series heads on the same site linked above, then extend wiring from each head to a ULF44 or something similar.
OK. Went ahead and bought that after talking to Joseph, so that issue has been handled... Now I need another one for the rear.

Reactions: Ranger-Services.com

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cawensel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.