Whelen edge 9000 Mini

MonkeyBiz

Jan 22, 2011
Whitehall, MI
So I just tried to hook up my new to me Edge 9000 mini, and I think I got the polarity wrong. Is there a fuse or circuit breaker inside this thing somewhere. When I did it I head a click.

TIA.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
And pray you did not burn out the power supply. Some of the older ones are NOT very forgiving to reversed polarity.

MonkeyBiz

Jan 22, 2011
Whitehall, MI
There has to be an easier way to get inside these things. I've taken the lenses off, and If I take out it looks like the power supply is in back wards. It is a fricken pain to the angled strobes out. Please tell me there is an easier way. PS.. Still haven't found fuse.

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
You need to remove the lenses and there are two screws that hold the power supply in place. Remove the screws and pull the PS out; that's where the fuse is. It is a PITA so that's why you always remember which wire is hot and ground! :D

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
philyumpshus said:
You need to remove the lenses and there are two screws that hold the power supply in place. Remove the screws and pull the PS out; that's where the fuse is. It is a PITA so that's why you always remember which wire is hot and ground! :D

He mentiond something about it being in backwards. I wonder if he has the 9M version. If so the P/S is behind one of the corner strobes.

MonkeyBiz

Jan 22, 2011
Whitehall, MI
Thanks for all the help. I had to take an entire side of lights, plus the alley light,plus a corner on the other side. The fuse was in there, but the fuse had been moved to the other end and I couldn't get the P/S out. The original owner ran extra strobes in the alley lights and when he did that moved abunch of stuff around. Got it all fixed now. Thanks for the help!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fireman5340

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.