Whelen edge help

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
I have searched the threads already open and am even more confused now. My buddy asked for help wiring up his light bar and siren. I took a look and think I may be in over my head. He has a Whelen Edge Ultra 9000 series that was a Massachusetts State Police bar. He has a Whelen BL 627 controller/siren. I can not find the wiring diagram for the bar online. It has two larger gauge power and ground wires wrapped in black and two medium gauge power and ground wrapped in gray. It also has another set of three wires wrapped together. Does he have to have this controller to make the bar work? Also, the wiring harness has had a little too much heat through it. What are the odds that the unit isn't damaged? Any help would be appreciated. I have no experience with either of these units.

Bob B

Aug 13, 2010
Rhode Island
Hi,

Pic's of the wires from the bar would be a great help.

There is 3 componet's needed.

The bar The control head MPC01 or MPC03 and the BL-627 wich is the siren amp. control head needs to be compatile with the the bar or will need to be programed.

There is a sticky regarding serial bars Edge 10,000 and ultra bars by pj here in the search on operation of same.

Hope this helps

Bob b

Bigassfireman

May 23, 2010
U. S. of A. Ohio
Ok, I will search for serial bar. Wasn't aware that is what I was dealing with. I've never messed with a light bar that isn't straight forward/has a definite wire for each function.

MHQ

Jun 22, 2013
New England
Bigassfireman said:
Ok, I will search for serial bar. Wasn't aware that is what I was dealing with. I've never messed with a light bar that isn't straight forward/has a definite wire for each function.

The bar is a serial B-Link bar. You need the MPC01 control head to run it. In addition to that you will need the newer head as the original MPC01 only sees 7 positions across the front of the bar where the ultra has 8 positions. You will also need the software to program the head along with the serial# off of the bar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.