Whelen Edge identification for lens replacement..

TX-LEO

May 24, 2010
San Antonio
Zapp Brannigan said:
+1

Connectors should be the same. I have not read through the whole thread, but so long as all are Passive and not Ballast, yes, connectors and the lightheads should be swap and play!

Good point to address. How do I know if its ballast vs passive? The unit now already has multi-led diode style Gen1 LEDs. Does this indicate passive?

Also, It now looks like these older patriot bars WILL get upgraded with new lens covers finally, and upgraded LEDs. If anyone knows where to point me to get all these parts at a one-stop shop, it would be very helpful. I believe there are 2, possibly 3 cars that I need to upgrade. With one of them being an all-amber citizen on patrol car light bar conversion.

The photos you see at the start of this thread are what I want to upgrade-to. Some of the bars are clear LEDs with colored lenses. I would rather have clear lenses and colored LEDs, fully populated etc. So this project will be a rather large purchase of gear if someone wants some business. PM me. USED gear is fine as long as it works. If Mods want me to go to the WTB sale section thats fine with me too, let me know.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.