Whelen edge questions

dan1088

Jun 5, 2011
U.S.A WI
Hello everyone,
I am looking at a whelen edge 9m. It is red and blue and i need amber. Is there really a difference between the end caps for the 9m series compared to the classic? If there is it changes the lens price by 100$. I have done some searching and have not found much info about it.

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
The endcaps for the 9M and the 9000 are the same size. The differences are:
-the alley lights for the 9M snap into the endcap. 9000 alley lights mount to the frame.
-9M endcaps have a larger screw hole for a shouldered screw.
-9M lenses have optic lines that are spread out more than the 9000.
The 9MUltra and the Freedom have a longer endcap (2 inches) than the standard 9M and 9000.

dan1088

Jun 5, 2011
U.S.A WI
Is there anyway to make 9000 end caps work with a 9M. Really dont want to have to spend another 100$ just because of end caps. I am going to guess if you dont need/want the alley lights you could just take them out.

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
The 9000 ones will fit just fine on the standard 9M (not Ultra). The 9M alley lights will come off
with the endcap, just unplug them. You may have to change the endcap screws but that is short money. dcroyale on ebay sells them cheap (he's a member here on ELB). There is a guy on ebay
that sells a full set of aftermarket amber lenses for about $125 shipped. I've used them before
for my tow bars. They're not original Whelen but they work for an in service bar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.