Whelen Gamma 2 vs. Whelen 295SL100

Newton15

Oct 3, 2010
Michigan, USA
Im trying to decide between these two sirens for volunteer POV response. I really dont have much need for a PA. Was wondering what everyone thought, pros and cons of these two sirens. I am leaning towards these two because of the scan lock tone bank to chose from. Any input is appreciated.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Newton15 said:
Im trying to decide between these two sirens for volunteer POV response. I really dont have much need for a PA. Was wondering what everyone thought, pros and cons of these two sirens. I am leaning towards these two because of the scan lock tone bank to chose from. Any input is appreciated.

Both sirens are going to be similar as to what they do. I haven't seen a Gamma up close yet so I don't know how they work. If you have space considerations, though, that may be the way to go as they seem to be a bit smaller package than Whelen's traditoinal-sized sirens (all of which use the same cases).

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Maverick711 said:

Thanks for the link. My firechief friend in SC has an HHS siren in his chief's car, along with a PA200. I happened to catch him on his cell phone one evening as he was enroute to an MVA, and I could hear the slow wah-wah sound of a Powercall. He told me then that it was one of the new Whelens, and when he had time later, told me what sounds it had. From having looked at the Gamma's page, it seems to have all of the same sounds as on my friend's siren, and the Gammas are only $129 in the Gall's catalog. Something I need to look into!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeystoneDiesel

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.