Whelen Halo LED System

Outsider

May 21, 2010
New Hampshire
Solvarex said:
FYI, using anything besides solid steady-on for your brake signal is illegal. FMVSS prohibits it and CMVSS is pretty much the same. You will notice Whelen has discontinued the Signal Alert-to-steady brake pattern on ALL of their lightheads because of this (maybe they should've checked before making it! LOL)

Speaking of checking first, the "SignalAlert" flash pattern is the default pattern on all of Whelens SAE and FMVSSA CERTIFIED brake lamps. This has not been discontinued, nor will it be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shawn L

May 21, 2010
Corbett, Oregon
I put a rear 4 bulb system , and a front system in my crown vic, it went fairly well, to ease in the install I chopped off the weatherproof connectors and used standard amp connectors/ pins ( strobe connectors) if done correctly when the system is removed you can just plug in the stock stuff, you will have an extra inline connector but who looks at that when you sell it right.

I understand that trial and error can lead to a butchered wire harness , but realistically this system is no harder to install than a taillight flasher.

the only real complaints I have are:

1) the connectors, why? this system is to be mounted in a dry place, why make it more complicated w/ the weatherproof ones

2) no sync for other led products , how hard would that have been? imagine being able to sync a pair of vertex heads for the reverse lights..

Im looking for a red/ blue front set of anyone has one, I have a amber amber to trade. thanks Shawn

SNOW SYSTEMS

Sep 26, 2010
Illinois
I just purchased a 2 head red/red kit for the tail lights. I have 08+ ford superduty tails in my 05. Im putting an aftermarket bumper on with 2 oval cut outs where I will install 2 500 series stt. Been wanting to do it for a long time. Ill appreciate the signal alert for winter time.

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV
I want to get a pair of two lamps for the rear for my Expedition.

But what I am wondering is why, they are only for the 06-07 CVPI, when 2000-11 CVPI all share the same housing.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
PTRJason said:
I want to get a pair of two lamps for the rear for my Expedition.

But what I am wondering is why, they are only for the 06-07 CVPI, when 2000-11 CVPI all share the same housing.
Itz what they were FMVSS (or whatever that is called) certified for. Legally they are not approved for any other vehicle.

Makes mewonder how legit those aftermarket led auto bulbs are online....

nybucketman

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
LSH Lights has the 4 head red halo's on clearance for $299.99, cleaning out inventory, i suppose. I'm thinking about a set. In your opinions, are they worth that price?

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV
nybucketman said:
LSH Lights has the 4 head red halo's on clearance for $299.99, cleaning out inventory, i suppose. I'm thinking about a set. In your opinions, are they worth that price?

For ra 4 head, new, that looks like a really good price. But depending on your vehicle, you may only be able to use two heads unless you have 4 head brake lights.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
PTRJason said:
For ra 4 head, new, that looks like a really good price. But depending on your vehicle, you may only be able to use two heads unless you have 4 head brake lights.
That's when one needs to get creative with a hole saw, dremel and some spare bulb harnesses... make 2 more light sockets! :woot:

nybucketman

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
LSH Lights also has the two head system in white/white. In the description, it states amber included by default. Does that mean each lighthead is amber/white or or are they white/white?

Jan 14, 2012
Broken Arrow, OK
nybucketman said:
LSH Lights also has the two head system in white/white. In the description, it states amber included by default. Does that mean each lighthead is amber/white or or are they white/white?

I paid 80 shipped for mine. They want waya wy too much

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
nybucketman said:
I am assuming that the kit is for the front turn signals for a CV since they are amber when in "normal" mode and then flash white/clear in "emergency" mode.

Here is the link...

LSH LIGHTS - Whelen LED Hide-Away

The cost of this kit is $370 or so. Kinda high for a two head kit IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
hitman38367 said:
I am assuming that the kit is for the front turn signals for a CV since they are amber when in "normal" mode and then flash white/clear in "emergency" mode.

Here is the link...

LSH LIGHTS - Whelen LED Hide-Away

The cost of this kit is $370 or so. Kinda high for a two head kit IMO.

Whatever they are smoking, I don't want any. :weird:

SNOW SYSTEMS

Sep 26, 2010
Illinois
Installing mine tonight. The color wires are also the same from my tail light connections per instructions. So thats good! Ill be sure to take pics. Also 1 question,

The wires from the power supply, do those power the STT's and flasher function?

SNOW SYSTEMS

Sep 26, 2010
Illinois
Also seems ill have to custom lengthen one of the whelen supplied cables. Any extra tips? Looking forward to installing these and posting up a review.

Bizkitjmd1

May 21, 2010
CT in good old US of A
Too bad they are not available in the amber/blue anymore. That's what I really want

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV
unlisted said:
I'd buy it if it was half that or less..

I wonder why mine is 212.00 when added to my cart? Or maybe someone on here is working for them and fixing the prices, since it was mismarked to begin with?

I want an A/A front and a two hear rear system. I guess I can save for the 4 head and always save the two heads in case I ever get a different truck or car. :)

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV
Can you define, hooked up? Like did they give you a better price then on the site?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.