Whelen Inner Beam color

zach3713

May 28, 2010
Georgia
I got a pair of inner beams, the color on them is hardley blue looking, more of a green. Called Whelen and they said it was the new LED technology and it was more than likely in the spectrum range. I cant stand this look, is there anything i can do?

zach3713 said:
I got a pair of inner beams, the color on them is hardley blue looking, more of a green. Called Whelen and they said it was the new LED technology and it was more than likely in the spectrum range. I cant stand this look, is there anything i can do?

I'm not to sure, but i assume you could switch out the lin6 modules! And thats a fairly common problem among whelen products, for some reason, they can't keep their shit the right shade of blue!

I guess I could, but my thing is that i've already spent my money on these lights, and now i'm going to have to spend more money to get them the way they should be? That's jsut not right. I haven't owned very much Whelen equipment, but this isn't a good start. Especially when their tech support isn't willing to do anything.

Fast LT1 said:
I'm not to sure, but i assume you could switch out the lin6 modules! And thats a fairly common problem among whelen products, for some reason, they can't keep their shit the right shade of blue!

I'd just keep calling and annoying them until A. they replaced them, or B. they stopped accepting my calls!

lost cause, its in the spectrum !!! we all been there with those issues !!!

its sad,but honestly they wont do nothing and they dont care... as it pasts there test !!!

i totally agree,but the way i see it, even without you,me and all who complain about teal, they will still survive

I agree, they'll survive because they are that king company, but you think they would want to keep their customers happy. Word of mouth to me is the best thing to me, and after this experience, I will continue to think Whelen makes great products, but i'll have my dissatisfaction story, and I probably won't look to them first for anything in the future.

911 said:
i totally agree,but the way i see it, even without you,me and all who complain about teal, they will still survive

Is it possible to switch out the inner beam modules with another module? Avenger? Something? The TEAL is KILLING me...

I had started a similar rant thread, seen below:

http://www.elightbars.org/forums/showthread.php?10519-The-Whelen-quot-Teal-quot-Blue-LED-Saga

Granted, my issue was not as terrible as apparently your colors appear. Mine was not AS deep blue as I wished, but certainly not almost green. Sorry to hear, as others have posted, you would THINK that the Big 'W' would want to appease customers, but apparently the old adage that "The customer is always right" no longer applies these days...

zach3713 said:
Is it possible to switch out the inner beam modules with another module? Avenger? Something? The TEAL is KILLING me...

They are LIN6 modules with a different mount. You could buy some 4 wire LIN6s and switch out the circuit boards by removing the 4 screws on the back of the head. You could also use 2 wire modules, but you'd obviously need a flasher.

rwo978 said:
They are LIN6 modules with a different mount. You could buy some 4 wire LIN6s and switch out the circuit boards by removing the 4 screws on the back of the head. You could also use 2 wire modules, but you'd obviously need a flasher.

Are you saying I need 4 wire lin6 and new circuit boards? Or do the 4 wire have the board with them?

I'll try and get some pics on tonight while working

I've never heard about these problems with TOMAR, AXIXTECH, Federal, Sound Off or Code 3 (newer products, their older stuff was pail blue, but it was consistent).

This is probably going to hurt retail lighting companies that have a no hassle return policy, while Whelen takes their money and runs.

zach3713 said:
Are you saying I need 4 wire lin6 and new circuit boards? Or do the 4 wire have the board with them?

I'll try and get some pics on tonight while working

The wires are attached to the board. Remove the screws which separates the grey heat sink from the black front plastic mount and reflector. There will be the circuit board with the 6 LEDs and 4 wires coming off it. Play switch-er-roo and re-assemble.

You'd need 2 qty 4 wire or 2 wire LIN6s.

rwo978 said:
The wires are attached to the board. Remove the screws which separates the grey heat sink from the black front plastic mount and reflector. There will be the circuit board with the 6 LEDs and 4 wires coming off it. Play switch-er-roo and re-assemble.

You'd need 2 qty 4 wire or 2 wire LIN6s.

Gotcha, thanks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efoote381