Wanted Whelen Inner Edge 06-10 explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbudjoe

Sep 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
Looking for the vehicle specific inner edge for 06-10 Ford explorer. If some combo of red, r/w, or r/a I'll pay more for it. Any other color, Ill have to have changed so itll be a lower offer. I could also trade even for what I have now, its an inner edge R/A made for Impala. It was cut on by the previous owner, he had it in an f150. Fits what I have, but the flashback is a little more than i like. LOOONG power cable, overall in good condition. Brackets weren't cut, but shroud was.

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
To save you some time and money, unless you're totally set on getting a new lightbar, then disregard anything in about to say-

I had a flash back issue with my universal Pegasus in my 06 explorer, so I went to the local craft store to see what I could do...ended up getting 3 sheets of 1/16" foam from along with some industrial double sided tape cut out about a 1.5" wide strip that matched the curve of the bar and slapped it on... Fits perfectly with zero flashback even at night

redbudjoe

Sep 21, 2012
Nashville, TN
Ill look into it, so what I can do. But it's not just the flash back it's the way it fits with the bracket and the angle it faces. I was trying not to completely trash the brackets I've got now.
To save you some time and money, unless you're totally set on getting a new lightbar, then disregard anything in about to say-

I had a flash back issue with my universal Pegasus in my 06 explorer, so I went to the local craft store to see what I could do...ended up getting 3 sheets of 1/16" foam from along with some industrial double sided tape cut out about a 1.5" wide strip that matched the curve of the bar and slapped it on... Fits perfectly with zero flashback even at night
loo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.