Whelen ION & Whelen LINEAR PAR32

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Whelen ION:

[Broken External Image]:http://www.whelen.com/_AUTOMOTIVE/images/Dash_and_Deck/ION/hiresweb/ionr.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://www.whelen.com/_AUTOMOTIVE/i...lications/hiresweb/ionj_grille_expedition.jpg

- Blue, Red, Amber, White

- Solid and Split colors

- Black or White housing

- Water Resistant

- 6" Pigtail

- Synchronizable

- Video

Whelen Linear PAR32:

[Broken External Image]:http://www.whelen.com/_AUTOMOTIVE/images/Lightheads/4inch_Round/4inch_SuperLED/hiresweb/fec06rr.jpg

- Blue, Red, Amber, White

- Solid & Split Colors

- 25 Flash Patterns

- Synchronizable

- Mounts for '06-'09 Charger, '10 Tahoe, '11 Expedition

Pursuit

May 23, 2010
Pulaski County, AR
I am as big of a Whelen fan as anyone, and nothing gets me more excited than new lights, but I think Whelen dropped the ball a bit with both of these "new" lights.

Let’s face it, the ION is a total rip off of the SoundOff Ghost lights. Don’t get me wrong, if I am trying to build a warning package with all Whelen products, then the ION will definitely meet the needs that only the SoundOff Ghost light could fill before. However, it seems like Whelen is only following the leader, and not necessarily bringing something innovative to the table.

I am glad to finally see some Whelen Par 32’s with linear technology! However, once again I think Whelen could have done better. They basically just stuck two linear light heads into a Par 32. I think they could have designed a linear Par 32 light from the ground up, and utilized more space within the light head itself.

r1ms12

May 21, 2010
NCR
Is this actually a PAR32 head or is it a PAR36? I wonder if this will work for motorcycles, replacing the TIR heads...

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I am very happy they put 2 linz6's into a par36 housing. I dont like the TIR PAR36 I think its too directional. The only thing I use sos is the HLF . Every thing else I use Tomar Whelen and Fed Sig.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
What is the difference between a PAR 32 and a 36?

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
It's PAR32. Difference between the two is size. PAR32 (4" diameter) vs. PAR36 (4 1/2" diameter).

I just don't get how anyone can say Whelen has dropped the ball when they haven't even seen the lights in person yet. Maybe they're brighter than the ghosts. I don't know if they are because I haven't seenn them in person, so I'm not going to pass judgement yet.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htamboli

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.