Whelen Legacy Duo white light programing..

biggin587

Nov 12, 2013
USA
Hello all!

I just recently got a Whelen Legacy DUO Lightbar. I have the Saphire cencom control box. I have figured out how to change the light patterns to some extent. I was wondering if anyone in the forum knows how to program in the "all front white take down" and maybe a scene light? I have seen this done in videos but not sure how to program that function in?

Thanks for any help!

:)

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
When you highlight the white lights in the software you will select a flsh pattern in that selection there will be a choice of on that also you will have to have a button or switch for it to be programmed to.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
If you don't have the software disc you will need to take the following steps:

Download the WeCad builder and WeCan 6 software on Whelens site in the download/literature section of the site.

You need to use WeCad and "build" your lightbar. Once built you will need to export it as a .wbr file to your desktop or easily located file folder.

You need to open up the WeCan software and highlight "lightbar" and select continue

on the next screen select "import lightbar" and select the .wbr file you created in WeCad

Connect the WeCan module to your PC via USB

There are 18 inputs up above. I believe if you were to hold the module the wording on the pn label should be orientated so you can read it. This will orientate you to the 18 actual wires coming out of the module to correspond with each output on the computer screen

Select the 1st output you want to use and then go down to the actual color coded (based on the bar you built) and select the lightheads you want active on this input wire

then select pattern via the dropdown box

then select whether you want them sync, delay etc...

then you move on o the next input wire and so on and so forth

TD/SB/SCENE is simply selecting the lightheads you want to steady burn and selecting "on" in the pattern drop down box.

Cruise mode has its own screen. Pushing the button in the center that says cruise will access the cruise mode.

Be sure to drag the 2 wire TA over from the toolbox at the bottom left of the WeCad build screen to have TA function when custom programming your WeCad module.

Good luck and HAVE FUN!! That's what it's all about!! :)

OnSitePSE

Jul 7, 2014
Houston, TX
He said he was using the Sapphire system so he would not need the WeCan module.

With that being said, in the Cencom program.

Click the button that you want to use as the TD or Scene light.

Under the "lightbar" menu for that button. Select all the front white lights (corners and alleys if you desire) select the flash pattern to "on" the select all the other front lights (the colored ones). Change those flash patterns to "off".

That will turn all front flashing lights of on the lightbar when the TD is activated. You can choose to leave the front lights flashing with the white on behind them if you choose.

Hopefully that helps.

biggin587

Nov 12, 2013
USA

Under the "lightbar" menu for that button. Select all the front white lights (corners and alleys if you desire) select the flash pattern to "on" the select all the other front lights (the colored ones). Change those flash patterns to "off".

That will turn all front flashing lights of on the lightbar when the TD is activated. You can choose to leave the front lights flashing with the white on behind them if you choose.

Hopefully that helps.
Ok I see three white light squares (see image attached). They are all set to "on" however only the two take down in the middle come on. Is this a wiring issue possibly? 

Cencom-TakeDowns.bmp

Attachments

• Cencom-TakeDowns.bmp
    323 bytes · Views: 17

OnSitePSE

Jul 7, 2014
Houston, TX
I can't see the picture. However, from what you said it sounds like you don't have a DUO bar. Look inside the lightbar. Red lights of you have them. You should see a red speck and a yellow speck. If you only see a red speck then you probably don't have a DUO

biggin587

Nov 12, 2013
USA
I can't see the picture. However, from what you said it sounds like you don't have a DUO bar. Look inside the lightbar. Red lights of you have them. You should see a red speck and a yellow speck. If you only see a red speck then you probably don't have a DUO
I think that you may be correct. I was under the impression that all the Leagacy bars came with this ability. The light does have a traffic advisor in the back...but I think it only does red on one side and blue on the other...   :(

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
take the cover off of one side and slide the dome out a bit. You will have 1 connector per head with a solo bar and 2 connectors per head if it is a duo...

Hopefully that helps.
Then simply plug the usb into the sapphire....

Reactions: MEVS06

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmood

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.