Whelen Legacy WCC92 & CanTrol

Carlsson

Jun 4, 2010
Norway
Got the new Legacy SOLO and are more than confused.

Does anyone know how to set this bar up?

I`ve figured out how to program the CanTrol unit using WeCan 6 and when I hook the unit up to the Legacy it actually works. Fine.

However, the bar came with the WCC92 controller with dip switches and pre installed configuration. Using this controller on any dip the bar displays only one pattern, steady burn on any TA function and so on.

Do I need another controller to enjoy the CanTrol settings and/or is there any way to re-program the WCC92 to do what I want?

Any help is appreciated.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
You will have to build you lightbar in the wecad software then import itinto the canTrol software. The you can make the lightbar do almost anything you want it to do. You will not need the wcc92 it is only if you do not have a wecan controler like cencom or canTrol.

Carlsson

Jun 4, 2010
Norway
Yeah, I`ve figured that out, unnecessary money spent, too bad the dealers wont tell you or at least inform you about the presets and there´s nothing to do with it, and either suggest other options.

If I only use the CanTrol unit the bar works out the way I want, doing everything in WeCan 6. I tried the WeCad thing, but the bar doesn`t show up there. If I´m to keep the bar I´d need a different controller to the WC unit, so the WCC92 is worthless....

This sort of stuff and treatment makes me wanna buy somewhere else, I`m really disappointed actually. The dialog between me and this dealer have for the first time been crappy handling this bar. Things has been smooth in the past. That being said, this is the first time I´ve corresponded with someone else than the owner.

The worst is that the WCC92 do not work with the Legacy at all, well some of the functions do, but not all.

TA, override and a few other things do not work. Only steady burns the 6 modules in the back. This is on my bar anyway...

Thinking of selling and buy from somewhere else...

Well...

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
The CanTrol unit is great unit but you have to go thru a 2 day class to get the software and to learn how to program it. Your dealer if he is a whelen dealer should not have sold you a CanTrol without the training.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Storm4200

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
I believe the "Cantrol" unit you are referring to is the little silver box that came with the bar? If so, that is the WeCan control point and not a Cantrol. If you want to use all the functions and patterns the bar has to offer I would suggest the PCCS9NP or the Cencom Sapphire. You can change the siren  function buttons on the CCSRN3 model from tones to outputs if you have no need for or cannot run the siren.......The WCC9 IS the silver box and, is not customizable other than the dip switch settings.

Reactions: Doug and Carlsson

Carlsson

Jun 4, 2010
Norway
Yes, you´re right Mr. Anderson, somewhere someone forgot to mention the limited functions of the WCC92, and yes the little box came with the bar. Control Point Module,CPM Can make whatever I wish for, just missing the proper controller to operate it the way I want.

Had a nice chat with one of the guys at Whelen tech support that laid out pretty much all I´ve experienced and then some.

That been said, if you know of a Sapphire I need one....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.