Whelen Liberty II flash pattern question!

fam29

Jun 6, 2012
USA, Florida
It appears that our new cars will have the Liberty II installed. I know from past installs on our older liberties, the flash pattern was so fast, it made you feel like you were having a seizure. The question is, on the liberty II, van the flash pattern be changed like the old liberties did using the white/purple wire?

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I found a manual for the LC Liberty II that indicates the scan-lock wire is indeed white/violet. However, if your agency selects the WeCan Liberty II instead of the LC Liberty II, then the flash patterns are defined using a computer and software.

fam29

Jun 6, 2012
USA, Florida
I doubt they went with the Wecan version, I don't see them spending the money for that and the controller. Hopefully it's LC. Thank you.

fam29

Jun 6, 2012
USA, Florida
These are the controllers we currently use, not sure what the new cars have. This isn't a Wecan compatible is it?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    604.3 KB · Views: 3

fam29

Jun 6, 2012
USA, Florida
Well finally got the new car. Has the controller pictured but has the silver Wecan box under the console. Was told from the installer I can still change the flash patterns like the older Liberty.

How hard is it to get the software if I'm not an installer. Would like to have it to change the other cars as the flash pattern that came stock is way to fast.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
you will have to build the bar (exact) in the WeCad5 software first. When done, click on "file" in top left corner then select "export". Save to local disk and be sure to select your desktop so it's easy to fing. Once you download the WeCan6 software select "lightbar" and then select import lightbar that is above the drawing/layout. It will drop the bar into the software and you can program away. Be sure to identify each wire you program a function to and then you may have to re-wire to the SLSA6..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSPS629

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.