Whelen Liberty

RobK

May 23, 2010
Tolland County, CT
I did a search and read through most of the archive before posting....

Always wanted a Liberty, even though I don't need one. Price has kept me from buying one. Until now. Link posted in the F/S section to the Galls clearance on some Liberties. http://www.galls.com/yahoo/style.html?a ... yle=LB110B

I tried calling to get some more info and the person basically told me what was listed on the web page. Has anyone else had any better luck getting details?

The link gives the option of 48" or 52". Aren't Liberty's 49 or 54?

No model is listed. (probably an SX?)

Fully Populated heads or de-pop?

Finding out the model would probably answer these questions:

Does it have cruise lights?

Does it have TD?

I wonder if I email Galls I'll have better luck? I know Galls is a 4 letter (ok, 5 letter) word around here but, can't really beat the price! I would buy one of the used ones I've seen here but I need a 54" (I think; vehicle is a 2005 Tahoe).

Thanks,

Rob

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
Listing say it comes with TD and Alleys.

They have the "SX" model listed for 1495 so I'm guessing that's not an SX.

I doubt emailing them will do anything.....

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
I wouldn't fret too much about the sx vs non-sx bars. Your still getting quite a bit of light out at the intersections..and I'd just enable the flashing alley lights (I personally think they work very well).

If you really want to wack out the galls bar... you can always stop down to Chester and pick up the TIR3/MR11 alleylight bracket and you can have the best of both worlds.

Last I heard (awhile ago) Galls still buys bar parts in bulk and builds them - themselves. This is why you sometimes see some "different" configurations not normally seen. Still all 100% Whelen, but thats why the prices sometimes seem too cheap or higher than normal configurations.

RobK

May 23, 2010
Tolland County, CT
PJH said:
Last I heard (awhile ago) Galls still buys bar parts in bulk and builds them - themselves. This is why you sometimes see some "different" configurations not normally seen. Still all 100% Whelen, but thats why the prices sometimes seem too cheap or higher than normal configurations.

Would they go as far as making custom lengths?

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
RobK said:
Would they go as far as making custom lengths?
Ya got enough money anyone will build anything really.. ;)

But yea, Galls does take custom orders, last time I checked. (about 8 months ago)

Zach C.

May 22, 2010
Southeast, USA
unlisted said:
Ya got enough money anyone will build anything really.. ;)

But yea, Galls does take custom orders, last time I checked. (about 8 months ago)

They took a custom order from us also. (also about 6-8 months ago).

Zach

Pimp

May 16, 2010
Louisiana

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.