Whelen lumens question, LR11 vs sxtdled

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I tried looking for this but couldn't find it. I found a bunch of other threads with keywords but none answering this question.

Looking for lumen count of whelen LR11, and SXTDLED. The whelen pioneer slimline looks to use the same 2x6 configuration as the sxtdled and whelen lists the pioneer as 3000 lumens.

ASSUMING that is the case then the sxtdled SHOULD be the same, yeah? Which also means a single LR11 head would be 750lm, or a pair would be 1500lm. I just can't find anything the quotes the sxtdled lumens anywhere. (Here, Strobesnmore, google, Whelen, Sirennet, etc.)

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Thanks. I read that and yeah, optics and mounting position make a difference. I wish that was all that applied in this case. I have a bar with LR11s but trying to wrap my head around what in the off road world they would compare to lumen wise. Just trying to get a rough estimate.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Did you read this thread? Its not official documentation, but might be helpful for what you are trying to figure out.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
That thread didn't pop up during my search (old thread?, search terms I used?). Definitely answers my question though. May be time to start hunting up a few pair of these.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.