Whelen mini justice problem

Falcon9

May 23, 2010
Manila,Australia
okay, need a little help!

Was speaking to Jayzce from the board yesterday and he's had his car parked out for a week and the battery is now drained (car wont start)

He tried to turn the lightbar on and all the modules lit up. Although weakly, no surprise there.

However, when he plugged the lightbar into his 2010 expedition with a fresh battery, the modules lit up as bright as they should but 1 module is out.

Has anyone experienced this?? any help is greatly appreciated!

Cliffs:

all modules on lightbar work dimly on f150 with almost flat battery

lightbar lights up as bright as it should but 1 module is out on expedition with fresh battery

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
module somehow came unplugged? That's happened on my Responder minibar once during a blizzard.

ibby

May 28, 2010
rwo978 said:
module somehow came unplugged? That's happened on my Responder minibar once during a blizzard.

It wouldnt work dimmly if the module had come un plugged.

Maybe a voltage regulation issue?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
I'd say, test the module out of the bar directly, steady burn with 12v. That'll help determine if it's a module problem or a flasher problem. Also, move 2 modules around, that too would confirm a flasher problem or not.

jayzce

Jun 1, 2010
Philippines/Manila
thanks for posting Falcon9

i have tried unplugging the other con3 modules that are working and tried plugging it's source to the one dead module but seems that nothing has changed still nothing on them. i will then again try plugging it on the other side con3 power source. I'm just wondering how it died since I'm not using the truck for a week and the light bar is just on my roof.

worse case would be a dead module i guess I'd have to look for a new replacement for it. anybody knows where i can get a good deal on those modules? now i'm thinking of getting two white con3 for my fronts and two white linear modules for the rear corners (what do you think?) :mrgreen: and I'll be plugging LR11 alley lights on my mini justice.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
The Justice hasn't been out for 5 years. Send it to Whelen under warranty.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
jayzce said:
i no longer have any receipt for it. but if i can send it without those i will definitely send them back.
Just sent the entire bar in, they will fix or replace it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.